Can I use the ADA area for the parade with a rollator?

Scooterbritches

Mouseketeer
Is the ADA reserved areas for the Electrical Parade for wheelchairs only or can I use it with a rollator? While I wait, I will alternate sitting and standing. Once the show starts I will stay sitting. Also, what is the correct protocol for using that area? How soon do I need to get there before the parade starts? (It will be an extremely busy day.) My 2 DDs will be with me. Can they be there with me? Is it possible for me to get there early and let my DDs go to some attractions while I save the spot or do they need to wait with me? I don't want to do anything offensive to anyone or against any rules.

You can use tha ADA area or you can find your own spot some times they only let 1 person with you but since you have your DD I can see them letting both with you I would get there at lest an hour if not 90 minutes early

I didn't have a rollator on our last trip but I did have an ECV and I used the ADA parking for the MSEP. Not sure about the protocol with the extra people but I know they usually allow 1 person with you. I actually saw this parade by myself bc my kids were pooped so hubby took them back to the hotel and I got to see it. I arrived to the parade around 8:00PM for a 9:00PM Parade and it wasn't too packed. We were there on a medium category day though not a high volume day so you might want to get there a little earlier. The section for ADA where I was at was great seating! Its right by the HUGE gate where the parade enters at so you get to see all the vehicles and lights entering main street. Its pretty cool, plus its right by the exit so it makes for an easy out when the parade is over. I really enjoyed my time watching it.

I've used the wheelchair areas for parades with my rollator, but they're so cramped that I actually prefer to grab my own spot elsewhere.

You can sit in one of the HC reserved spots as long as you get there early enough. An hour ahead wouldn't be too soon. They pack everyone very close together, since the areas are so small. Since only one person from your party can stay with you, you may want to have both your DDs view the parade from a spot nearby.

These spots are so crowded that DH and I generally just find a nice spot in Frontierland to watch. It doesn't tend to fill up down there until closer to parade time.

The way the HC seating works is they line up the mobility devices right next to each other at the rope/line. If the area is bigger, they may do multiple lines of devices. Then family/friends stand behind the devices.

Most of the time we had no problems with up to 4 people, but it was during less busy times.

I've used the wheelchair areas for parades with my rollator, but they're so cramped that I actually prefer to grab my own spot elsewhere.
Do people stand in front of you though? I can't stand for more than 5-10 minutes without getting uncomfortable. Am I correct that the ADA area won't have people standing in front of you?

Sometimes only 1 companion is allowed. However our experience has been that as a party of 3 we've been instructed to have 1 person stand behind the mobility device and 1 sit on the curb in front. The person sitting in front must remain seated so as not to block those behind.

Enjoy your vacation!

If it's so crowded that you have to be there an hour early, I'd worry that if they left to go on a ride that the area would be full when they got backed and at the point they wouldn't allow 1 or possibly both to join you.

I typically just park my ECV in a nice spot by the curb, with my daughter either standing behind me, or next to me if it's the later parade. (I *LOVE* MSEP!)

Since my PT has been progressing, and I have (finally) reached a point where I can walk and stand longer, on our "quickie trip" at the beginning of January, our daughter would often pilot the ECV for me while I would walk for a bit. Even if it was only for short stretches, it sure felt good to be "tall" again at WDW!

So if you need to stand during the parade, you could perhaps have one of your DDs sitting on the Rollator while you stand during the parade, if that helps. And, if you don't want to use the Rollator at all while watching the parade, you can always just kind of fold it up and the 3 of you stand together in whatever spot you want.

I was really glad for you that your dad had that Rollator to borrow! I know you are concerned about your trip budget, and I'm sure that it was a relief to not have to worry about that! :) There are TONS of money-saving tips here at the DISBoards (and on many other Disney-related sites all over the Internet) so suffice it to say that my favorite souvenirs are my happy memories that I bring home from every trip...

I hope you and your beautiful daughters make all the memories you want, and find all the Magic you can on your trip! :)

I typically just park my ECV in a nice spot by the curb, with my daughter either standing behind me, or next to me if it's the later parade. (I *LOVE* MSEP!)

Since my PT has been progressing, and I have (finally) reached a point where I can walk and stand longer, on our "quickie trip" at the beginning of January, our daughter would often pilot the ECV for me while I would walk for a bit. Even if it was only for short stretches, it sure felt good to be "tall" again at WDW!

So if you need to stand during the parade, you could perhaps have one of your DDs sitting on the Rollator while you stand during the parade, if that helps. And, if you don't want to use the Rollator at all while watching the parade, you can always just kind of fold it up and the 3 of you stand together in whatever spot you want.

I was really glad for you that your dad had that Rollator to borrow! I know you are concerned about your trip budget, and I'm sure that it was a relief to not have to worry about that! :) There are TONS of money-saving tips here at the DISBoards (and on many other Disney-related sites all over the Internet) so suffice it to say that my favorite souvenirs are my happy memories that I bring home from every trip...

I hope you and your beautiful daughters make all the memories you want, and find all the Magic you can on your trip! :)
Thank you so much!

If it's so crowded that you have to be there an hour early, I'd worry that if they left to go on a ride that the area would be full when they got backed and at the point they wouldn't allow 1 or possibly both to join you.
I'd rather have them with me if they'll let them. They'll be happy with their books (reading for school/pleasure) or talking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter