Can I use a TS credit for takeout?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by MartDM, Sep 2, 2009.

1. MartDM

MartDM DIS Veteran

We'll be arriving at the BC around 8:00 p.m. (late for my 2.5 year old), but will need some dinner for us.

I hate to use 2 TS credits for room service...can we get a take out order from Beaches & Cream and use our TS credit for that?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Avonlady1001

Avonlady1001 DIS Veteran

I don't see why you couldn't do that at B&C...they do have a walk up counter. We've gotten dinner to go at Beaches & Cream...but didn't have the dining plan to worry about.

4. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

Sorry, B&C does not do takeout food, only a VERY limited ice cream menu

BC has the marketplace where you can get something to eat there.. there are also prepackaged salads and sandwiches.

Sorry

5. Avonlady1001

Avonlady1001 DIS Veteran

Well that stinks. They must've changed it. We did this in 2006...didn't realize it was so long ago. :rotfl: Time flies. It was wonderful...we got our delicious burgers & fries & ate it by the pool at the tables as DD1 slept in the stroller. :)

6. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

that explains it - the takeout counter used to do the full B&C menu. Now it is VERY limited - ice cream cones, hot fudge sundae (that's it, no other specialty sundaes) and some other small items

7. Jeanieblue114

Jeanieblue114 DIS Veteran

You could take a boat to go quickly across the water to the Boardwalk Bakery (I think they are still open then).

The other thing is to go down to the Dolphins to Picabu. It is like a cafeteria and is all set up for take-out. But you would have to pay OOP...the Dolphin isn't on the dining plan.

8. MartDM

MartDM DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone...looks like we'll have to either settle for Spoodles pizza or pony up two TS credits for room service! (bummer!)

9. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

No more food takeout from Beaches & Cream. Ice cream and drinks only (not including specialty sundaes). Disney TS restaurants most likely won't accept carryout orders.

The Boardwalk pizza window (there isn't a Spoodles anymore) does not accept the dining plan.