Can I update my old Pal Mickey?

j_lehr

DIS Veteran
My Pal Mickey is from when they first came out and I have never used him. (He still works, I just gave him fresh batteries and he works great!)

I read in one post that the older Pal Mickey's work in the parks but they won't have as much information. I read in another post that you can go and have him updated somewhere.

Can anyone share their experiences? I plan to finally take him along on our next trip!

Thanks so much,
Jes

When you walk through the gates he will automatically update. If you are having trouble with him updating you can take him to the "movie" house on Main Street or at your resort if they sell him they have a machine to "activate" him. But he will not be updated to include the newer attractions, to have those you would need to buy a new Mickey

The biggest difference between the older Mickey's and the newer ones is the older ones are not going to be able to tell you about the newer attractions like EE. I have all 3, The original, tuxedo and sorcerer Mickey. It was fun wearing them going through the park and seeing exactly what the difference was. Truthfully it is not that much.

If you are having trouble with him updating you can take him to the "movie" house on Main Street or at your resort if they sell him they have a machine to "activate" him.

They no longer handle Pal Mickeys at the Main Street Cinema, which is now an Art of Disney store. They need to be taken to the Emporium. :)

I just fired new batteries into our Pal Mickey. Nice to hear him telling corny jokes again. Little does he know, he's going home in 3 weeks! :woohoo:

Mine tells the SAME corny joke until I turn him off. (not continuosly- but when I press him) Does this mean I need to take him to a store when I get there?

Mine tells the SAME corny joke until I turn him off. (not continuosly- but when I press him) Does this mean I need to take him to a store when I get there?

Try this, while you are at home.
Remove the batteries completely for a full day or more, then put in a new set of 3, AA Alkaline (or better) batteries and see what he does then.
(Likely he will be fine, again.)

Then, at WDW, see how he behaves INSIDE a WDW theme park.
If he frequently vibrates and giggles, then gives you good park info and tells LOTS of corny jokes, he's fine.

If not, take him to the Emporium on Main Street (MK) and they can "re-boot" him in a matter of a couple of minutes.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter