Can I take advantage of rider swap like this?

NavyDad01

Mouseketeer
If at opening we go to Tower of Terror

1 adult gets on TT with 5 kids and gets a rider swap the other adult stays with baby

When they are done the adult that waited waits in line for TT (ideally small) gets on the ride with the 5 kids and gets another rider swap ticket,

Now we essentially have two ride swap tickets for Tower of Terror good all day.

I believe you all have to go through the line and the swap is immediately after.
They won't let a baby into the line.

You can try, but it would be up to the CM distributing the swap passes.

Yes, it will work, if I am reading your plan correctly.

No one is getting in line with the baby, correct?

You're just saying the 2nd adult who had waited with the baby is getting in the regular line and will also request a Rider Swap pass, correct?

They are pretty lenient with handing out the rider swap tickets at just about every attraction besides the RSR, or at least that was our experience in December and February. They actually wanted to see our 2 year old at RSR before handing us the pass :)

Also, when we have 3 kiddos besides the 2 year old. Since the Rider Swap pass was only good for a total of 3 people we needed to combine each with a FP to get one adult and the 3 kids on the ride the second time. By having 2 passes you won't need the FP.

I do not think all 5 will be able to ride again. RS passes are good for up to 3 riders. I don't understand why you think both adults are going to get a RS pass. You show up to the ride with the baby, and tell the CM out front you need a RS pass. They give you one. The first group rides and then the second adult can use the RS pass later on in the day if they choose.

Yes, it will work, if I am reading your plan correctly.

No one is getting in line with the baby, correct?

You're just saying the 2nd adult who had waited with the baby is getting in the regular line and will also request a Rider Swap pass, correct?

They are pretty lenient with handing out the rider swap tickets at just about every attraction besides the RSR, or at least that was our experience in December and February. They actually wanted to see our 2 year old at RSR before handing us the pass :)

Also, when we have 3 kiddos besides the 2 year old. Since the Rider Swap pass was only good for a total of 3 people we needed to combine each with a FP to get one adult and the 3 kids on the ride the second time. By having 2 passes you won't need the FP.

Yes

I do not think all 5 will be able to ride again. RS passes are good for up to 3 riders. I don't understand why you think both adults are going to get a RS pass. You show up to the ride with the baby, and tell the CM out front you need a RS pass. They give you one. The first group rides and then the second adult can use the RS pass later on in the day if they choose.

I know the limit is 3 but if my plan works out correctly I should have Two rider swap passes for each ride.

Since we are getting their really early and plan on getting on some big rides I thought why not just get on stand by lines and get rider swap pass for later in the day.

I forgot to ask can you get a rider swap when you are using a FP? Lets say I have a FP with all of my group to ride SM but because of the baby I cant ride can I get a Rider swap?

I know the limit is 3 but if my plan works out correctly I should have Two rider swap passes for each ride.
I suppose if that is how you want to work the system, it may work. Just hope the same CM isn't standing out front passing out the RS passes when you show up twice.

In my experience with just my husband and baby, you don't get the RS pass until right before you get on the ride.

Next week we are going again and meeting up with some friends (all adults) and I wonder if I can use the RS pass then. That way my husband and I could ride something like BTMRR or SM together. So, will CMs let RS be used if the party is all adults? (there would be six adults and one baby.

Next week we are going again and meeting up with some friends (all adults) and I wonder if I can use the RS pass then. That way my husband and I could ride something like BTMRR or SM together. So, will CMs let RS be used if the party is all adults? (there would be six adults and one baby.
I'm not quite sure I'm following your question. You can only get the rider swap pass for a specific attraction if you have a child that is unable to ride the attraction. So, for example, at BTMRR, you will need to take the baby with you to the attraction, ask the CM for the rider swap lanyard/pass and then someone(s) will need to remain outside of the ride (and queue) with the baby while the others ride the attraction. Closer to the point of boarding, you will exchange the lanyard/pass for the actual rider swap ticket which would be good for up to three individuals to ride that attraction later. You cannot get a rider swap pass at BTMRR and then try to use it at Space.

If at opening we go to Tower of Terror

1 adult gets on TT with 5 kids and gets a rider swap the other adult stays with baby

When they are done the adult that waited waits in line for TT (ideally small) gets on the ride with the 5 kids and gets another rider swap ticket,

Now we essentially have two ride swap tickets for Tower of Terror good all day.
You could, but then Adult #1 and all five kids waited in line, and then Adult #2 and all five kids (again!) waited in line. You could maximize your time and do adult #1 and 3 kids wait and ride (get a swap pass) then adult #2 and other 2 kids wait and ride (and get a swap pass). This way no one waits in line twice the first time.

In my experience with just my husband and baby, you don't get the RS pass until right before you get on the ride.

Six adults and one baby - 3 adults could ride together, 3 adults and baby wait. Get swap pass. Other 3 adults ride together while first 3 wait with baby.
Or you could do 5 adults ride together, then the waiting adult could ride with 2 others

I suppose if that is how you want to work the system, it may work. Just hope the same CM isn't standing out front passing out the RS passes when you show up twice.
I don't think he's working the system. Someone is staying behind with the baby each time and that's what RS is for. Whether he uses them right away or uses them later doesn't matter. If someone waits in the standby line twice, then they should be able to get a RS pass each time.

I don't think he's working the system. Someone is staying behind with the baby each time and that's what RS is for. Whether he uses them right away or uses them later doesn't matter. If someone waits in the standby line twice, then they should be able to get a RS pass each time.
Rider swap is so that the person waiting with the baby doesn't have to miss the ride entirely. Disney allows a companion so that person also doesn't have to ride alone. It's not intended to be used so that everyone in the party rides twice (or in this case 3-4 times) with minimal wait. While it might work if the CM doesn't recognize the party and say no, it's not really how it's intended to be used. An easier way to do it might be to just tell the kids that they were take turns riding things twice. So someone gets to do Space twice and someone else gets to do BTMRR. Then you can use the swap right away and not have to go back to attractions later to use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!