Can I still get 5% off Disney Gift Cards at Target?

I just thought of something and now I am panicking a little bit! I just bought $1,450 worth of gift cards to pay off our package by April 19th. We are using a TA, so I assumed I would just call Disney directly to save me from sending her the info from 29 cards, and then her having to send it to them. Can I do this? I won't have any problems because I used a TA, will I? I'm scared now that I can't use these cards and I'll have tons of gift cards with nothing to do with them!

I just used 15 gift cards to pay my deposits on our reservations for August, and we went through a travel agent. We did have to give her the numbers, including pins. She paid Disney using that info, but told me to keep the cards. If we were to cancel, the money would be refunded to the same cards.

I'm excited because I'm saving the 5% using the Target card. I also went through a Scrip travel agent (Scrip is a gift card etc. fundraiser for my daughter's Jump Rope team), so I'm also earning 4% back on the Disney trip and our night at Universal.

Has anyone in NC found Disney GC at their Target? I looked around at my Target today and didn't see any :(

So far I have purchased $500 worth of cards from Target, so so many more to go ;) Thankfully I have alot of time before our trip :thumbsup2 I just can't wait till we are back at the world :dance3:

Not sure where you are in NC, but I've seen them at about 6 Charlotte area Targets. They are typically in the electronics or books sections. Good luck!

I am just outside of Raleigh. I walked all over the books and electronics area yesterday and didn't see any gift cards other than ones for iTunes.

I am trying to understand what everyone means... Are you saying the giftcards are always 5% off? Or do you have to own a Target Visa?

I am just outside of Raleigh. I walked all over the books and electronics area yesterday and didn't see any gift cards other than ones for iTunes.

sometimes you have to look carefully, in fact the Target my husband works for just recently moved the cards to right in the middle of the movies, near the TV series on DVD. I had to ask someone where they were.

I am up in Wake Forest, and I buy them at our store regularly for our September trip. I have also gotten them at Triangle Town store, and North Hills. Keep looking, sometimes they run out. They are as PP's have said on an end cap next to the CD's with restraunt gc as well:thumbsup2

I am up in Wake Forest, and I buy them at our store regularly for our September trip. I have also gotten them at Triangle Town store, and North Hills. Keep looking, sometimes they run out. They are as PP's have said on an end cap next to the CD's with restraunt gc as well:thumbsup2

Thanks, I think I'll be over by Triangle Town tomorrow so I'll check there!

Bought my girlies some GC's for their easter baskets last week using my brand spankin' new Target debit card. Thanks for the tip. GREAT deal.

However, since our next trip is a budget trip and not a big Disney package, I'm not sure I have a ton of use for GC's. We're staying offsite so no help there; already bought YES tix (and it seems they wouldn't work for those anyway). I'm thinking I might get some for the couple of OOP TS meals we have planned. Does anyone know if I can use a GC toward the gratuity, too, or just the cost of the meal? I know sometimes there are exclusions for tips, alcohol, etc.

Also, does Target happen to sell any gift cards for gas stations we might find along I-95? It would be great to get a break on fuel -- who knows how much that will be by September?!

Can you use the Disney Gift Cards on food in the parks? We are staying offsite but I would love to stock up on $500 or more of gift cards to use on food.

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip. I found some and tested it and it took 5% off, now to go back and buy enough to pay off my trip!

They also sell the gift cards online if you have enough time to wait for them to be shipped. Just use your Target card to pay!

Can you use the Disney Gift Cards on food in the parks? We are staying offsite but I would love to stock up on $500 or more of gift cards to use on food.

Thanks!

Yes, you can use Disney Gift Cards just like cash on almost everything in/at any Disney Park, store, online, etc. You can buy food, souveniers, pay for your hotel, pretty much everything. Great to have!!

I worked as a seasonal Team member @ Target over the holidays but don't now. However...my friend works there and he's going to go with me to buy them :)

Quick question...if he uses my Target Debit Card with my pin..we should get the extra 5% right? For a total of 14.5% off?

Also..our Targets have the Disney Gift Cards with no amount on them...so you can choose your amount up to $500! Are we the only ones who have these cards?

I just attempted to buy them online and it states that they are only sold in stores. I just wanted to clarify this.

Yes, you can use Disney Gift Cards just like cash on almost everything in/at any Disney Park, store, online, etc. You can buy food, souveniers, pay for your hotel, pretty much everything. Great to have!!

I worked as a seasonal Team member @ Target over the holidays but don't now. However...my friend works there and he's going to go with me to buy them :)

Quick question...if he uses my Target Debit Card with my pin..we should get the extra 5% right? For a total of 14.5% off?

Also..our Targets have the Disney Gift Cards with no amount on them...so you can choose your amount up to $500! Are we the only ones who have these cards?

If he uses your debit card he won't be able to get his TM discount. (unless you are a dependant) In fact he can only use his TM discount if he gifts the gc to you or uses his own money. Him buying something for you is against policy, and could get him fired depending on how close they watch it as his store.

I've never seen those cards. I asked DH about it and he said that al of the Disney cards are in specific amounts. In fact the only gift cards that you can buy with an amount tied to them are Target Gift Cards. I would love to find one that you could put a big dollar amount on.

If you use your debit card with his tem member number, it's grounds for instant termination. DH says that AP checks for those things on a daily basis. He's seen people fired for it. I wouldn't risk it if I were him.

If he has a Target debit card you could always have him purchase it for you and then give him the money. If I was him, I wouldn't risk it though. It's not worth losing his job over......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter