Can I still get 5% off Disney Gift Cards at Target?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Fjobe, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Fjobe

Fjobe DIS Veteran

I read a thread before Christmas that I could use a Target Debit Card to purchase Disney Gift Cards at 5% off. I went ahead and signed up for the Debit card at that time. Does anyone know if they still give 5% off on Disney gift cards, or did that have something to do with the type of giftcards they had at that time? We are getting ready to pay off a Disney Cruise and Vacation, so this could save us tremendously!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LuLuO

LuLuO <font color=darkblue>I am against mandatory fun<br

My mom bought us gift cards with her Target CC earlier this month and got the 5% off.

4. Keira1387

Keira1387 Married at Disney August 2, 2008

I applied tonight for the debit card and was told it applies to everything BUT gift cards.

ETA, here are the offical rules, the way it's worded it could just be target gift cards. https://redcard.target.com/redcard/rcw_reward_disclosures_print.jsp

5. chimilady

chimilady DIS Veteran

Disney cards are not considered gift cards though, they're Entertainment cards. ;)

6. simonsmom

simonsmom DIS Veteran

worked for me yesterday
    :goodvibes

7. Keira1387

Keira1387 Married at Disney August 2, 2008

Well thanks!

8. VBSunGoddess

VBSunGoddess Earning My Ears

I just applied for a Target debit card today. Hope it works

9. minniefan65

minniefan65 Mouseketeer

You get the 5% on any of the gift cards that are not Target branded. I work at Target and get my 10% discount and the 5% for using the Target debit card. It is a great money saver.

10. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

I use it for restaurant gift cards too:thumbsup2

11. Harters2WDW

Harters2WDW Mouseketeer

This is awesome! Never knew it. Know where I'll be buying my gcs. I knew the Target card as a good thing!

12. Mama2SeraKay

Mama2SeraKay Mouseketeer

I do it all the time!!, did it today infect, so I have spending money for dd2 birthday next weekend!!!

13. iheartpeterpan

iheartpeterpan Still A Kid At Heart

I just did this for my upcoming trip, got 5% off no problem.

14. Fjobe

Fjobe DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear it still works! Thanks!

15. Free4Life11

Free4Life11 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>I just have to

What increments are the cards sold in? It doesn't appear like I can use the gift card to purchase tickets via their website (um hello Disney, isn't it 2012?) so can I use multiple gift cards at the gate to buy tickets? Thanks!

16. iheartpeterpan

iheartpeterpan Still A Kid At Heart

My local Target has them in $25 and $50. And yes, you can use multiple gift cards at the gate (plus a Visa gift card... Disney rewards card... etc.) I'm sure they hate to see me coming. ;)

17. mkauffman

mkauffman If you can dream it, you can do it. Walt Disney

My local Target only has $50s. I wish they had $25s. :confused:

Michelle

18. DinahInWonderland

DinahInWonderland Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you can use these gift cards to buy one big gift card at the Disney Store?

I would love to save the 5% to pay for our dining plan, but I'm not too fond of the idea of carrying around 30 giftcards!

19. AnjieNet

AnjieNet DIS Veteran

Someone has mentioned before that you can call the number on the back and they'll put all the gift cards onto just one for you. I've never tried it myself, but it wouldn't hurt to make a phone call and ask. :goodvibes

20. mkauffman

mkauffman If you can dream it, you can do it. Walt Disney

I called and they told me they couldn't do it. She said "you can use multiple gift cards at the gate". I have wondered if you can use gift cards to buy one large gift card at the Disney Store as well.

21. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if this would help but this is what I've done in the past when I've travelled with a few gift cards. After I checked in, I gave the gift cards to the front desk and asked them to apply them to my account. I used the "credit" towards our food that we put on our KTTW card. Only one time did a CM tell me that I had to have a balance first in order to apply the cards. It didn't take very long for the CM to apply the cards but I only had about 5 (not 30) :lmao: I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing it. After it's all said and done I ask for a print out so I know it was done successfully and remember to keep the gift cards in case any type of refund needs to be done - they'll refund it back to the gift card I've been told.

Hope this helps,
    Heather

Ps. OOPS - I think I quoted the wrong person! This is more directed at DinahInWonderland and not wanting to carry about 30 gift cards - don't blame you :)