Can I stay at the Swan/Dolphin and still buy MYW tickets with dining option?

princessmomma

DIS Veteran
Trying to get all this straight. Are MYW tickets sold only to resort guests and can off-site guests purchase them too? What about Swan/Dolphin?

My sister want to go over Easter break and it is now too late to use a resort code. I have AAA, not sure it that will help. What are my best options, budget wise to do this with 2 adults and four kids?

I plan years ahead and I am able to use codes, etc. to save a bundle, so I am unfamiliar with this territory (trying to put together a trip in a couple of months, especially over Easter :rolleyes: ).

MYW is the new ticketing for everyone, resort or non-resort guest. But no you can not get the Dining package if you are staying at the Swan/Dolphin. Only the official WDW resorts have the dining package option avaliable as it is linked to your Key To The World card. Non-Disney resorts do not have KTTW cards, you can not charge back to your room with your hotel key so the dining option is not avaliable through them.

Just an FYI: I'm not sure if they have AAA rates available at the Swan or Dolphin for the dates you're needing, but AAA is offering 200 Disney Dollars included in packages of 7 nights or more at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel. The 200 Disney Dollars can be combined with the AAA discount (35% off room portion of package - available most nights) if it's available. You get a voucher at check-in to receive the Disney Dollars.

As the other poster said, unfortunately you can't get the MYW dining, but hopefully the Disney Dollars would help!

Do you have to book the room through AAA or can you book directly with hotel with AAA discount and still get the 200 disney dollars?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter