Can I please have some prayers and pixie dust?

I sure hope you get some good news soon. You sure deserve it.

Holly, I feel your pain. My MIL has dementia. This past Christmas Eve my FIL had to be life-flighted to a larger hospital, two hours from home. It was scary enough to see him so sick, but compounding the worry about him was making arrangements for someone to care for her, since she could not be by herself. We now have at home nursing and things have, thank God, settled down. However, my husband and I know due to their age and health, this is temporary and assisted living or personal care is probably around the corner. My prayers for you and your family.

Holly,

Sending you loads of prayers and pixie dust. Being a caregiver at any level is one of the hardest jobs on this earth. You have to live through it to truly understand the full impact that it has on one's life. My very best to you and your family. :grouphug:

Things have not been going well. Dad is back in the hospital now in congestive heart failure. Now they are talking about renal dialysis. His kidney function had been ok but now they working hard due to the CHF and are failing also.

Any other year at this time my parents would be making plans to head north to North Carolina for the summer. What a change of events in such little time.

Please hug your loved ones.

Things have not been going well. Dad is back in the hospital now in congestive heart failure. Now they are talking about renal dialysis. His kidney function had been ok but now they working hard due to the CHF and are failing also.

Any other year at this time my parents would be making plans to head north to North Carolina for the summer. What a change of events in such little time.

Please hug your loved ones.

I'm so sorry things aren't going well at all, Holly. Extra pixie dust and prayers for you, as well as your parents. :grouphug:

Holly, I'm sorry things are not going well with your Dad. More prayers, hugs and pixiedust:

Kim

I'm so, so, sorry you and your family are having to deal with such difficult issues.

I know, first hand, how fast things can spin out of control. My prayers are with you & your family. First off, your grandmother may need some help with activities of daily living due to the fracture. Ask your or her doctor about assisted living facilites in her area. (the local visiting nurses org is also a good recourse for this kind of info). Some will do "respite care" which allows for someone who needs care temporarily to come & stay there until they are ready to go back home. We used one here in Fl, when my mother needed a place to go to while we brought my mother in laws remains to MA for her burial. My mother couldn't fly up with us & couldn't be home alone.
For your dad, is he still able to talk enough to make his needs known or converse a bit?. If not, he may qualify for hospice services at home. They help & augment the care provided by the family. Talk to his doctor re: the possiblilty of hospice for him for end stage dementia or other issues if he has them.
Good luck.

Dad is a little better today but tonight they will know by tomorrow morning if he will need dialysis. I don't think he fully understands what this entails but it is his choice and we cannot make this choice for him. They moved him to ICU to keep a better eye on him. (he loves the attention)

My grandparents are well expect my grandmother is really forgetting things lately. Unfortunately they do not understand why they should move to an ALF and the benefits of an ALF. On the other hand they are fortunate that they have caretakers that are able to drive them everywhere and do things for them.

I thank everyone for all their prayers. I just don't know what I would without friends like you!:love:

It is with great sorrow but Dad moved on to be with a lot of his friends and pets. He was at a Hospice facility and was taken care of beautifully. He was put at ease and was finally at peace. It has been a rough and bumpy road but this morning I could tell that he was happy.

Thank you everyone that has sent prayers. If it wasn't for my DisFamily I don't know what I would do.

Xoxoxo
Holly :love:

I am very sorry for your loss and wish you and your family peace during this extremely difficult time in your lives. I lost my Dad when I was only a teenager and my Mother in 2011 and every day is a challenge for me dealing with their loss, particularly the loss of my Mother. Everyone handles the bereavement process differently and only you will know what will work best for you and to that end I wish you all the best in coping with your recent loss.

I am so sorry for your loss, wishing you and your family peace. You are in my prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter