Can I make 2 reservations at 2 resorts for the same night?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Princess_Au, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Princess_Au

Princess_Au Mouseketeer

This may seem like a dumb question, but here's our situation. We are trying to decide between Disney or a beach vacation this year. If we do Disney, then we will likely stay at a moderate resort for the week. If we do the beach, then we would do one day at the Magic Kingdom and stay at a value resort for the night.

Can I book a week at a resort, in case we choose the Disney vacation and also book just one night at a value resort in case we do the beach vacation and want to just do one day at Disney?

2. mlamanna1701

mlamanna1701 Mouseketeer

You can book two reservations, but not two packages...unless you use two different names on the reservation of the adults going. You can definitely book a package and a room-only or just two room-only reservations. I wouldn't tell them the real reason why. You could be making a room-only for someone else that will be visiting you during your "week" stay.
    Hope this helps.

3. hillc95

hillc95 Earning My Ears

I tried doing something similar to that last week and this is what they told me:
    Because you can't be at 2 places at the same time, you can make the different reservations, but, there has to be a different 'lead guest' in each one of the rooms, you cannot be the lead guest for both. I just set up my wife as the lead guest in the second room and everything worked out ok.

4. Annie78

Annie78 Mouseketeer

You can definitely hold 2 room-only reservations with the same lead guest for the same night at different resorts. I did this a few weeks ago, although my arrival days were different (only one night overlapped), so maybe that affects things. I booked everything online (using the same account), so I never talked to a CM about it.