Can I have servers serve the wine/beer I brought?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by WaDiWo, Mar 27, 2013.

1. WaDiWo

WaDiWo WDWFan!

Hi all!

We are considering bringing our own favorite fine craft beers on board to have with dinner. Instead of physically carrying the bottles with us into the MDR, can we somehow have the servers keep them for us to serve for dinner? My parents wanted to do the same thing with wine. thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ImDMous

ImDMous DIS Veteran

The corkage fee for bringing your own bottle of wine to dinner is $20. I'm really not sure about beer. The rules for bringing alcohol on board state that it's to be consumed in your stateroom, not in public areas. You could always ask them about the beer, but they might charge you a corkage fee on that too.

4. WaDiWo

WaDiWo WDWFan!

Thanks!

my wife will just think I'm crazy for lugging my own beer on board.

5. ImDMous

ImDMous DIS Veteran

I was wishing we had done the same thing. :) I'm an admitted craft beer snob and their beer selection on board was ... well... less than inspired. Life is too short to drink crappy beer!

6. noahsmom

noahsmom 2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 -

We have brought our own beer on board and kept it in our room. I don't think the servers will keep it for you.

7. mikimous

mikimous Earning My Ears

Nothing wrong with bringing your own. I too am not thrilled with their selection on board. When we head out of the stateroom, we usually snag a plastic cup and use that to drink from and keep a few cans in the backpack for refills.