• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I go 8 days without laundry?

We hadn't planned on doing laundry during our trip in March, but accidents happen so we did one load in the middle of the week. We were staying at ASMovies and the laundry was close to our room--it was not a big deal at all. I wouldn't mind doing it again if we had to.

:laundy:I agree with many of you - I DO NOT like to do laundry on vacation...it is vacation, right? Lucky for me hubby usually ends up doing some laundry one night midway thru our vacation. He wanders on down to the laundry with his blackberry and/or laptop and catches up on some work...usually when the rest of us are sleeping :love: Come to think of it he might stop off at the bar on the way :rotfl:

As for packing I am thinking of mailing our clothes ahead of time...has anyone done this before?

I don't ever do laundry on vacation, mainly because I am too grossed out by the thought of my clothes going into a public washing machine where someone else's underwear just took a swim! Blech!! I'm sure going through the dryer kills everything off, but I just can't stomach it. I've read many a thread on this board describing how people did laundry on vacation because their kid vomited or had a poop accident, or even just washing cloth diapers! Obviously those people HAD to do laundry, I'm not faulting them, I just don't want to use the washer right after someone just put their kid's vomit or poop through there (or worse, an adult's!) I would rather wear the same clothes for 7 days straight than wash my clothes in a public washer! (note: we don't do this, I'm just saying I would rather... )

The funny thing is, when I was in college and my first few years out on my own, I used laundromats all the time and thought nothing of it. But now, no way!

We go for 10 days I pack 5 outfits fore each person (4 kids) I can get away with 1 suitcase for 2 kids. 12 year old and baby share a case and 8 year old and toddler share a case. Each adult gets their own case. We always get a delivery from Garden Grocer so I order laundry supplies. (This year I ordered those 3 in 1 sheets.) We have a "down" day in the middle of the trip where we relax. That is laundry day. Hang out at the pool, wash clothes. With a toddler an an 8 year old son clothes get pretty dirty!

We are probably going to need to do laundry this trip. Well... it depends on the weather. If it is warm we may not need to, but if it is cool/cold we will. I just don't have as many pairs of blue jeans since I can not wear them to work. We have washed clothes on just about every trip I can think of except the one in March... not sure how we avoided it then. Oh well washing 1 load is no big deal compared to the tons I wash at home. Its still a vacation to me! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter