Can I get 'Ohana Bread Pudding anywhere else but 'Ohana?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by L-Harper, Feb 3, 2013.

1. MarieShedsky

MarieShedsky Mouseketeer

I absolutely LOVE the bread pudding and am embarrassed to admit how many times I've eaten this on a single trip!
    BUT...
    Sometimes I really am craving a more chocolate type dessert. Now I'm normally not a huge chocolate fan (I typically eat around the hot fudge in sundaes) but loved the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern. Anyway it got me thinking... :idea:
    Does anyone else thing the bread pudding would taste amazing with a little bit of chocolate or hot fudge drizzled on it? I seriously almost asked for a side of it last time I had it, just to try it and see, but I was too afraid lol. Am I just crazy or does this sound good to anyone else?
    You know, kind of like a chocolate covered banana? With caramel? Sounds good to me

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nanalisa

nanalisa DIS Veteran

Hot fudge would taste good drizzled on anything. It would go great with the carmel sauce. Great idea!

4. funkbucket007

funkbucket007 Incinerate

Bread pudding used to be a staple at many of the Disney restaurants as recent as 10 years ago. I can remember both Cinderella's Royal Table (pre-small menu and character driven) and Tony's Town Square both having a chocolate bread pudding with raspberries and a raspberry sauce poured over it that was simply amazing. Too rich for my wife's taste but I loved it. Not sure what happened or why it disappeared but I certainly miss it.

We're doing 'Ohana for the first time this upcoming trip and all the bread pudding talk is what made me finally bite the bullet and make the ressie.

5. ecolyer

ecolyer Mouseketeer

Does anyone have a picture of this dessert? It sounds so yummy.

6. DisneyMom5

DisneyMom5 DIS Veteran

My dh doesn't like bread pudding usually, and he loved it at Ohana.
    I need to go back...I was very pregnant and too full to eat much of it.
    :thumbsup2

7. TheDadHatter

TheDadHatter Earning My Ears

Yep. If you notice they share the same kitchen.

8. schmeve

schmeve Disney Nerd :-)

i LOVE the BP at Ragland Road!!! I dream about it lol....Does 'Ohana serve it during breakfast? because we have a reservation for breakfast.

9. MarieShedsky

MarieShedsky Mouseketeer

Had this baby a few weeks ago:
    [​IMG]
    Yes, it was as good as it looks...
    Oh man, I have a serious craving now!
    Must. not. drive. to. Disney. NOW! :drive:

10. DaisyD

DaisyD <font color=teal>Nothing like crunchy milk in the

'Ohana is the only WDW restaurant we book twice on our trips. First night and last night. I can't wait for October!

11. Annie78

Annie78 Mouseketeer

Any chance I could get the bread pudding at Kona during lunch hours? Or only at dinner (since 'Ohana does not serve lunch)?

12. DisneyDreamer2

DisneyDreamer2 DIS Veteran

I would assume only at dinner, since they are grabbing it from the Ohana kitchen.

I, too, have ordered it and Kona at dinner and it was between 5-6 dollars served a la mode. In fact, I plan on ordering it at kona again in two weeks. Mmmmm:cloud9:

13. Carriesouthard

Carriesouthard Mouseketeer

OMG....thus picture has me drooling! August can't come soon enough! We are staying at the poly this trip, eating at Ohana twice....might have to hit up kona just for this mid week :) thanks!!