Can I do free dining without theme park tickets?

mikkishelles

"Dress suitably in short skirts and strong boots,
I know that I need to be able to get into the parks to use free dining in those restaurants, but can I just reserve my room and free dining without purchasing theme park tickets?

No, you must purchase at least a one day ticket to be eligible for the package.

No, you have to purchase at least a 1 day magic your way ticket in order to get free dining. I'm sure others will elaborate.

I thought that might be the case. I was trying to adjust our reservations and I see that there is not an option to completely eliminate the theme park tickets, but I wanted to be sure..

But...you don't have to use the 1-day tix on that trip. They're good until you use them -- some people keep those 1-day tix and have them converted to either a 7-day pass or annual pass on another trip.

The tickets are also transferable, since they haven't been used. You can keep them, give them away, or even sell them.

I know that I need to be able to get into the parks to use free dining in those restaurants, but can I just reserve my room and free dining without purchasing theme park tickets?

No - free dining is available only with a package reservation that includes tickets. You can purchase as little as a one-day ticket for each member of your party, but you must purchase some sort of ticket as part of your package.

Even if you want paid dining, that is true unless you are an annual passholder or DVC member.

I am planning a trip with the dining plan, and we're staying 6 nights at Port Orleans Riverside. We're starting the trip with a night at the Swan, which I got for free with Starwood points.:thumbsup2

What I want to do, is book our package with a one-day ticket, use the ticket on our arrival day, so we can walk over the World Showcase in Epcot and then return to the Swan.

I want to extend my one-day ticket once we get there, so that we can then check in to POR, and start using the dining plan then, and will be able to go to the rest of the parks for the other 6 days.

Will this be possible?

I am planning a trip with the dining plan, and we're staying 6 nights at Port Orleans Riverside. We're starting the trip with a night at the Swan, which I got for free with Starwood points.:thumbsup2

What I want to do, is book our package with a one-day ticket, use the ticket on our arrival day, so we can walk over the World Showcase in Epcot and then return to the Swan.

I want to extend my one-day ticket once we get there, so that we can then check in to POR, and start using the dining plan then, and will be able to go to the rest of the parks for the other 6 days.

Will this be possible?

Maybe I'm just confused by your post but you can't get your one day ticket that is part of your package until you check into POR.

Why not just get the tickets for the 6 days to start with rather than upgrading them when you get there?

Yes, I'm getting a package with the dining plan. I have to get at least a one-day ticket in order to buy the dining plan. I also want to start using the tickets the day before I arrive at Port Orleans Riverside, so, I'm trying to figure out how to go about that.

Since my package with dining won't start until we check in at POR, I can't get dining until then, of course, and will have to pay out of pocket for meals on the first day. But I do want to go to the parks that day.

So, I'm trying to figure out exactly how to go about doing that. :)

You can't get the tickets you purchased with the Disney package reservation until you check into POR so you won't be able to use it the day you are at the Swan. The Swan isn't a Disney hotel so they couldn't help you access the ticket on your Disney package.

You will have to buy a one-day ticket if you want to go to the parks the day you are at the Swan.

Or - you could buy tickets for your entire trip from the ticket counter on the Swan day. Get only the one-day ticket with your POR reservation. Then save the one-day ticket for a future trip.

That sounds like a plan!! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter