Can I do anything about this?

scanmom

DIS Veteran
I am pretty sure the answer is no, but it can't hurt to ask. Today I got a postcard in the mail from, you know who, Disney Destinations. I was excited, because it is a free dining pin for this summer, and I would book it, but the name on the card is A...H..., not my name!! It is one of my sons friends that he went to high school with!! I don't have a clue how her name got attached to my address, she has never gone on a trip with us and I have never helped her book a trip!! So, can I still book it, even if the person listed on the card will not be with us? Or am I out of luck? I am sure I can't book it, but hopefully, just maybe I am wrong!!!

Based on the information I have read here over the years....
If I had to guess, I would say no, you wouldn't be able to use it.
However, based on the information I have read here over the years...
I would definately call and ask!

I have been wrestling with this for at least two years. I keep getting great pins in my email with my sister's name (she went on a free dining trip with me three years ago). I have called and emailed and they tell me it's fixed and then I get another one...:rolleyes:...it's really aggravating. And no, they tell me, I can't use it.

Yoh should call and ask. I called today to se if I could use a pincode that was sent to my mother, with my Email address.

She said that pincodes were for "Households" and because the pin was not under my address, I could not use it, but if my mother was listed under my address, possibly. She asked for the pincode # and saw y mothers address was not the same, so I couldnt. You might have luck because the pincode has your address on it.

I guess I won't be any worse off than I am now. And maybe if they think that I won't book without a Pin, they will send me one!!LOL

SOMEHOW, my BFF's physical address is attached to the pin offers I get with my email address (with my last name in the actual email. "Congratulations, R..... Family". I have no idea why. BFF has only gone on two trips with us, but she didn't live at the address listed until 5 years after that trip (that was booked by me with my credit card and everything mailed to my old address). The other one, we had completely separate rooms on the opposite side of the same resort. :confused3 However, last month, I WAS allowed by a CM to apply a code I got (20% off a value resort) "just this once" once she supposedly asked her manager about it. In related news, by BFF now gets Disney email offers with MY name in them in her emails. :confused3 And no, none of the CMs I've talked to seem to have any idea how to change this... :lmao:

SOMEHOW, my BFF's physical address is attached to the pin offers I get with my email address (with my last name in the actual email. "Congratulations, R..... Family". I have no idea why. BFF has only gone on two trips with us, but she didn't live at the address listed until 5 years after that trip (that was booked by me with my credit card and everything mailed to my old address). The other one, we had completely separate rooms on the opposite side of the same resort. :confused3 However, last month, I WAS allowed by a CM to apply a code I got (20% off a value resort) "just this once" once she supposedly asked her manager about it. In related news, by BFF now gets Disney email offers with MY name in them in her emails. :confused3 And no, none of the CMs I've talked to seem to have any idea how to change this... :lmao:

Funny I just received a postcard for Free QSDP March -July in the mail today, my address in BFFs name. She came on a trip with my in Feb which I rented points for :scared1: but Disney still has our names on it's list.

I have had this same problem. Years ago we sold some dvc points to a friend if my husband. Lately, wehave been getting pins with his name on them. I called and was told we cannot use them. I knew this, but wanted them to delete his name from our address. The CM and supervisor said the person whose name is on the pin has yo contact them to change the info.

I received FOUR postcards in the mail yesterday at my address, NONE of which are in my name! One was for a Kevin H..., and three were for a Michelle but all three michelles had different last names too. Funny thing is, the original owners of my house from 1996-1999 were named Kevin and Michelle but with a totally different last name than any on the postcards and I have never received mail for them before anyway.

I think disney must have one messed up database!

I have been wrestling with this for at least two years. I keep getting great pins in my email with my sister's name (she went on a free dining trip with me three years ago). I have called and emailed and they tell me it's fixed and then I get another one...:rolleyes:...it's really aggravating. And no, they tell me, I can't use it.

just got the free dining pin....yep, in sis's name. :rolleyes:

Yoh should call and ask. I called today to se if I could use a pincode that was sent to my mother, with my Email address.

She said that pincodes were for "Households" and because the pin was not under my address, I could not use it, but if my mother was listed under my address, possibly. She asked for the pincode # and saw y mothers address was not the same, so I couldnt. You might have luck because the pincode has your address on it.

And I might add.. if you don't like the answer = call back.. you'll probably get a different answer.. seriously.

Or at least ask for a supervisor to confirm that you can't use it.

People get told so MANY different answers on this topic it's ridiculous.

I've often thought of hanging a call center consultant shingle and selling my services to Disney.. cause - dang - they need some help with this stuff. (haha)

We got 3 of them for 3 people that have travelled with us during free dining but not all the visits. Maybe they are looking for people that have been to WDW but not in a while or the others that only went once or twice. Just a thought since we got 3 but for none of the regular family members.

Just got the free Quick service dining pin in the mail as well....with my 8 year old daughters name! This has happened more than once, but only with her name and none of the other kids...

I just received an email for free QS dining. It came to my email address, but had someone else's name. I called Disney and they said they would honor it.

It doens't hurt to call and ask. The CM had to check with Guest Services...so make sure you do that.

I just received my first ever pin code by email, except it wasn't addressed to my family. I called gave my information and the pin code and was able to get the free qs and upgraded it to the basic plan:banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter