can I confirm a reservation at the resort?

jacncaitsmom

Earning My Ears
I rented points from a DVC member on this board. I'm sure he is honorable, but I would like to confirm my reservation. MS will not allow me to do this because I do not have a membership number. I called the resort and they transferred me to the reservation line. Is it ok to tell the resort that I have rented points from another DVC member?

I don't know if it is "okay" or not, but regardless, you can't get any information about a reservation that is in someone else's name, so you'll want to make sure that the DVC member put the reservation in your name. Then, you'll probably also need the confirmation number that the DVC member received.

Brian Charles Kohn
"in my own words"
Some Imagination, huh? - Mickey Mouse

Usually the standard practice is for the owner to send a confirmation with the renters name on it to the renter before full payment is made.

With that confirmation, you would be able to call MS and say make a request for a non-smoking room or a water view or something.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs", Karl Marx, pretty sick, huh?

I received a letter of confirmation. But it does not have the DVC membership number on it. It only has the confirmation number. MS will not even talk to me without a membership number. But I will try calling them again and OKW.

Thanks for your response.

OKW will not have the info until about three days before arrival. Try calling member services again and talk to someone else. They can and will confirm a ressie for a guest and you can even make dining ressies with them for your stay. Ask to speak to another person if they decline to confirm your ressie. It does not matter if your renting or a just a guest of a friend. I have a friend at OKW right now on his honeymoon and he confirmed his ressie with member services and made dining ressie with them. the first time he called some CM who did not know the policy told him he needed my member number, but no he doesn't.

As someone who has rented points numerous times before buying into DVC, I always called to confirm my ressie the minute I received it in the mail (and before I sent the person money). I am 99% sure that there was a phone number listed on the confirmation letter and if I recall, it was members services. I just called the number and said I needed to confirm a ressie. I have never been asked for a membership number. Also, I have never, ever had a problem renting points from anyone on these boards. Everyone has been wonderful that I rented from.

As a side note, when I have rented in the past, most members asked me to "never say you rented points. If anyone asks, just say that you are a guest of a member". That being said, our guide told us "you can rent points any time you wish". While I don't intend on doing that (I bought so we can go on vacation), I was a little surprised that she said that.

Lisa

Thank you so much! I just called member services and they very nicely confirmed my reservation. I guess it just depends on the CM. I didn't think there would be a problem, but I just wanted to double check.

Thanks again for your input.

A conference call with the member and MS would likely be the best. OKW should be able to confirm but only a few days before. Technically MS is not supposed to discuss with non members though I'm sure they do it all the time, usually without knowing it's not the member. It's one of the downsides of renting points. Personally, I'd never ask a renter to lie and say they were not renting.

As a side light, when I call Interval International, they ask me for my membership number, full address and full phone number basically every time.

Dean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter