Can I book an overlapping/conflicting reservation?

KJay

DIS Veteran
I really wanted an 8:00am breakfast reservation, but all I could get was 8:20- so I booked it. I've been continuing to check online, but so far, nothing. What will happen if I do find the 8:00 am I've been searching for? Will I be allowed to book that, and then cancel my 8:20, or will I have to cancel the 8:20 first, and hope the 8:00 is still there? Thanks!

I would keep the 8:20 and just show up at 8 and see if you be seated a little earlier. There is not that much time difference.

The online system locates conflicting reservations, and asks you if you want to cancel the existing one before you book the second. If you don't cancel the first one, it doesn't let you book the second one.

You will be able to book your preferred reservation and then cancel the 8:20 if you want.

The PP was half right. The system DOES warn you that you have conflicting reservations. You can opt to keep them both if you want though. They system does not make you cancel one of them.

Yes, if you find and book the 8am it will give you a pop up alerting you about the overlapping reservations and with one click you can cancel the old and confirm the new. And if you don't find that earlier time, keep in mind that showing up a little early will often get you seated early because so many people are late or no-show for early reservations.

just show up early... they seat you according to when you check in, not when your ADR is scheduled... we've shown up early and had no problem... late is a whole 'nother story! ;)

Book the new reservation first. The system SHOULD notify you that you have a conflicting reservation and give you the option to cancel it at that time (it does not require you to cancel it, but it does give you the option). Do not cancel anything until after you have booked the new reservation.

If it makes a major amount of difference between 8 and 8:20 I would not recommend showing up early and hoping to be seated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter