Can I blend colours for fabric paint?

coastgirl

DIS Veteran
I'm going to try stencilling a shirt...I want bronze coloured fabric paint, but have only been able to find gold. Do you think I could mix a little brown in with the gold to get to bronze? I'd use the same brand.

Speaking of stencilling, does anyone have any tips for me? We did bleach stencils a couple of years ago, and they were really neat, but not very crisp around the edges. I have ordered some freezer paper for the stencils, but haven't yet tried it. I'm thinking of doing an iron-on on the back and the stencil on the front. (Trip shirts for Harry Potter at Universal--a description of the Hogwart's house in text on the back, and a stencil of the house animal on the front.)

I'm happy to find this spot. I've visited Creative Disigns off and on, and the disigners have done some great stuff for me in the past, very generous, but this seems like a more hands-on group. :)

I have never mixed fabric paints before but that is because I have never utilized fabric paints. I'm an iron on (from Creative DISign creative gals) or I utilized HTV vinyl with my silhouette.

I hope someone is able to come back and give you a definitive answer soon...

HTV Vinyl -- Heat Transfer vinyl..

If you have a die cut machine you can cut a design and then iron it on to your shirt, canvas bag, apron or whatever.

If you google the term you can get a great idea.. Even youtube has some great tutorials.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter