Can I bake an angel food cake in a bundt pan?

princess momma

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.
I know angel food cake is made in a tube pan, but I don't have one. :confused: So I'm thinking about using a bundt pan, which I do have.

The problems I have. :goodvibes

You can. Just be careful the bundt pan isnt too small. They do come in sizes. I believe they make 10 and 12 cup sizes. My tube pan is larger than my 10 cup bundt pan.

Thinking you could have a sticking problem with a bundt pan. The angel food cake pan is two pieces.

No, I tried doing it in mine and it didn't work very well. My mom uses 2 bread loaf pans. She likes it that way better than a tube pan.

Yes you can, I have done it several times. You can also make it in a loaf pan. In fact as the pp mentioned my bundt pan isn't big enough so I make a bundt and a loaf from one batch.

If you use a loaf pan you will actually need 2 or 3.

I recently had the same problem. I just used a glass pan 13x9x2 that worked fine. Just remember don't grease the pan!!! :)

The directions say to hang the pan upside down after baking on a glass bottle until cool. :rotfl: Seriously? I don't think I have a glass bottle.

The directions say to hang the pan upside down after baking on a glass bottle until cool. Seriously? I don't think I have a glass bottle

That's so it doesn't sink in on itself while cooling.

That's just an excuse to have to go out and buy & drink some wine. :drinking1 ;)

I was thinking a beer bottle, but it's a bit early. I wouldn't want my kids to come home from school and find Mommy drunk.

I found a bottle of Kahlua that I think might work.

All I have is a Bundt pan and I make Angel Food Cake 3-4 times a month for my diabetic neighbor. I have never had any problems with it. I don't even think I know what a Tube pan looks like- actually, I didn't even know there was such a thing!

I know you can cook it in a loaf pan, bit it makes two loaves. Also, the directions said to lay it on it's side when it comes out.

OMG, you sound like me. I do stuff like that all the time. It's crazy how every single thing needs its own utensil or pan. Eventually you accumulate so much crap that you have to move just to put it away so that you won't have to take 8000 pans out to get the one you need. :crazy:

I don't know the answer. I stuck with not making angel food, but buying it instead. If I really wanted to make it, I'd try it in the wrong pan and see how it worked out before breaking down and getting yet another pan.

Good luck!

sorry, I had to laugh when I read this.

A few years ago I decided to make an angel food cake and didn't have the right pan either. Yep, used a bundt pan.

The pan was too small, cake cooked up right over the edge. Baked on angel food cake is not easy to remove:)

I call my MIL now when I want a homemade one:thumbsup2

I did it! :cool1: I baked it in a bundt pan and it worked just fine, no spillover and it came out of the pan easily.

I used a Duncan Hines mix and I wasn't thrilled with the flavor. It just seemed a little off to me. The kids must not have thought so, because they wolfed down huge slices. I think next time I'd make it form scratch, but overall my first angel food cake was a success. :thumbsup2

You can make them into cupcakes! They taste great with the pudding cool whip frosting:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fluffy-Pudding-Frosting/Detail.aspx

Sorry to be a thread hijacker, but I got a recipe at Weight Watchers years ago that we still use sometimes that you might want to try!

1 can crushed pinepple with juice mix with 1 box of angel food cake, bake into cupcakes & serve with Lite Coolwhip! Just pour the whole can into the powered mix, juice & all!

All I have is a Bundt pan and I make Angel Food Cake 3-4 times a month for my diabetic neighbor. I have never had any problems with it. I don't even think I know what a Tube pan looks like- actually, I didn't even know there was such a thing!

70950647402.jpg

If you've seen angel food cakes for sale in the store, they are usually baked in a tube pan. Basically, a cake pan with a hole :)

As for the glass bottle, they just want to make sure you don't hang it on anything that's going to melt (ie - a 2 liter coke bottle) so anything that won't be harmed by high temps is fine. :thumbsup2

My tube pan looks like this one

blogcakeandpan.jpg

and you can actually just sit it upside down, as those things sticking up allow air to circulate under it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter