can Disney World tickets upgrade to an AP at Disneyland?

megandgarr

Mouseketeer
I understand that it is possible to use an unused day from a DisneyWorld hopper pass to replace for a Disneyland day hopper pass, but can you use the full face value of a WDW hopper pass (assuming there is still a day remaining) to upgrade for a Disneyland annual pass? Any info would be great.

Thanks.

I believe that you can only redeem one WDW parkhopper day at a time for a one day DLR parkhopper. (I could be wrong, but this is how I understood it). Therefore, you can only upgrade your Disneyland ticket of the day for a DLR AP. So, I *don't think* you can do what you propose.

Califgirl said:
you can only upgrade your Disneyland ticket of the day for a DLR AP.

Is this true? Has anyone actually done this or can verify? How is the credit determined? List price difference, or based on some paid value of MYW pass, which can be confusing.

To further complicate matters, does it matter if MYW has Park Hopper option? If not, I came across a posting that the exchange provided only one of the two parks. With the Park Hopper, you'd get access to both parks.

When I used DW tickets at DL that's how it was. Each day we used the DW tickets we had to upgrade to DL tickets. (actually it's not an upgrade as DW tix are more $$) This was years ago though so it may be different now.

The way it was explained to me via email from Guest Relations is that you can use a WDW ticket for admission to DLR but it can't be upgraded in anyway as there is no $ value assigned to the ticket. It is strictly a courtesy thing. I asked because we each had a one-day base ticket from WDW and I wanted to use them towards a multi-day PH @ DLR. I just assumed the approx. $70 value would be applied to the price of the PH -- I'm glad I checked before we went because I would have been upset with myself if we missed out on the current ticket special and had to pay gate prices upon arrival.

Okay, I am confused. You can use unused days on a WDW ticket at DL? Does it have to be the kind of ticket that doesn't expire? We are going to DL later in the year for 7 days. We might be going on cruise as part of a MAW trip early summer and had thought about going to WDW for a couple of days ahead of time- paying for it ourselves. But the cost of a 2 day ticket is so high per day. Could we buy a 10 day WDW ticket, use 3 days at WDW and use the last 7 at DL?

You can use unused days on a WDW ticket at DL? Does it have to be the kind of ticket that doesn't expire?

Yes and Yes.

Could we buy a 10 day WDW ticket, use 3 days at WDW and use the last 7 at DL?

Yes, if you buy a 10 day non-expiring ticket (or visit both parks within 14 days of the first day of use of the ticket).

Do the math, however. Buying a 10 day WDW no-expiry ticket will probably not be cheaper than buying a 3 day WDW and 7 day DLR ticket.

I believe the WDW tickets have to be park hoppers.

3-Day WDW PH= $264 (incl tax) non-PH=$216

7day DLR PH=$214

Total=$478 or $430 (if you don't park hop at WDW)

10-day non-expiring WDW park hopper=$479.25

So in other words it won't save you in any money and you would have to go through the trouble of exchanging your tickets everyday at the DL gate.

The way it was explained to me via email from Guest Relations is that you can use a WDW ticket for admission to DLR but it can't be upgraded in anyway as there is no $ value assigned to the ticket. It is strictly a courtesy thing. I asked because we each had a one-day base ticket from WDW and I wanted to use them towards a multi-day PH @ DLR. I just assumed the approx. $70 value would be applied to the price of the PH -- I'm glad I checked before we went because I would have been upset with myself if we missed out on the current ticket special and had to pay gate prices upon arrival.

Have you used this option yet? If so, what type of WDW MYW ticket did you have? (park hopper?, no expire?, etc.) What did you get at DL?

Have you used this option yet? If so, what type of WDW MYW ticket did you have? (park hopper?, no expire?, etc.) What did you get at DL?

I'm not using any option because the email indicated I couldn't do what I wanted to which was have the approx. $70 value WDW ticket applied to the cost of a multi-day PH @ DL. Now I could have used said 1-day base ticket for entrance into DL that one day...but I would have lost money doing that. I just went ahead and added to tickets to my DL pkg so I could take advantage of the 6 days-for the price of 4 deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter