Can dining reservations be locked so we can't cancel them?

Spyells

Finally reaching the dream
Hi, everyone!

My family is going on our first trip to Walt Disney World (and our first real vacation) in a few weeks. I've noticed that Disney's website is very glitchy. For our Be Our Guest reservation none of us are allowed to cancel it, we're only allowed to remove ourselves. The reservation only started saying that after I wasn't able to log on last night. The reservation was made by my travel agent under my name back in June. But up until yesterday we could cancel if we wanted. We're just concerned because we would like an earlier time. We just want to make sure we can cancel it when we're ready.

Is it normal not to be able to cancel dining reservations? Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, it's just a glitch. Irritating though when the one ADR you want to cancel is the one that suddenly can't be canceled online.

The glitch is still there. Should I give Disney a call tomorrow and let them know? Thank you for answering my questions. :)

I would try again later. It's happened to me many times, and when I try again it goes away. With heavy worldwide use (and some abuse, as 3rd party companies try to mine reservation data, for example), Disney's website gets little glitches regularly. A few nights ago I actually got locked out of my MDE account with an error message for hours. Finally it just went away & worked again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter