Can dining plan be added upon arrival?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by tripleup05, Sep 24, 2013.

1. tripleup05

tripleup05 Mouseketeer

Hey guys and gals

My wife and I were stuffed after every QS meal during our last trip to Disney, and honestly, we could split one and be fine. I know every guest on a reservation has to have the same ticket package, so you can't pick and choose what options for which guest. But, like the title says, can we purchase a base ticket for the party online, and add a DP to just my ticket once we get to the resort?

2. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Afraid not.

You must purchase a resort package ahead of time to get a dining plan. You can't change a room-only reservation to a package without cancelling and rebooking it.

You would need to purchase the tickets as part of a resort package, not separately, even if you buy them online. And if you already have a package, a dining plan must be added to it no later than 3 days before you arrive.

You also can't get a dining plan for only one guest in the room; every guest registered in the room (age 3 and over) must get the same dining plan.

The dining plans have nothing to do with the tickets. Tickets are just something else you need to purchase to make your reservation a package. The dining plan is attached to the room reservation, not your tickets, and can only be purchased for all guests in your room for the full length of your stay.

3. tripleup05

tripleup05 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info, Nala.

I know a parkhopper can be added to an individual at the resort, so I thought it might work for dining, too.

Oh well:thumbsup2

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

You can buy a ticket at your resort, but that doesn't make your reservation a package. As DDP is a package add-on (unless you're DVC, but they don't even book packages at all) then you must have a package to add it.

There are some ticketless packages (room plus dining) for annual passholders and military, but that can't be done at check-in either. DVC can't do it at check-in either but they get 2 days leeway instead of 3.