"Can close on..." Explain?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by emmamc252, Jan 12, 2014.

1. emmamc252

emmamc252 Mouseketeer

So looking these seem to be priced cheaper, where they say can close x date! What are these and why cheaper?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Minniesgal

Minniesgal DIS Veteran

Probably sellers who have a last trip booked and cannot close until after that trip.

4. Lurch

Lurch Mouseketeer

It means that they will be finished stripping the contract you are trying to buy by then.

5. emmamc252

emmamc252 Mouseketeer

The one I've seen still has all this years and next years points? So they're using this years, I see!

6. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

Possibly, or they could have an upcoming trip using banked points from last year.

7. Msmithmd

Msmithmd DIS Veteran

Nope. They can't advertise it with current year points if they are going to use those before closing. That would be fraud.

They are either using previous year banked points for a upcoming DVC trip, or there is some other reason for the delay in closing. (Divorce, estate, extended trip out of the country, etc...)

ETA: my post was in response to Emmam, two above. Was typing at same time as Chuck.

8. Minniesgal

Minniesgal DIS Veteran

More likely banked points from a previous year

9. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Or maybe they want to get all the DVC perks before they sell, like the hints for a $399 repeat on the PAP, or TIW discount, etc.