Can anyone recommend a good Paris guide book to go along with my Brit' Guide to DLP?

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by PrettyP, Sep 23, 2012.

1. PrettyP

PrettyP Mouseketeer

Got the latest Brit Guide to DLP (even though I could probably write my own guide at this stage but hey, there's always something new to learn!) but we are going to do 2 nights in Paris this year before we head to DLP for 3 or 4 nights (money will dictate the length of stay).

I'm looking for a good guide book to Paris particularly if there's one that's family orientated with good tips of where to bring kids to eat or what sights are kid-friendly. Saw a number of guides on line but hard to know how good they are without actually flicking through them.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Carrie_Cat

Carrie_Cat I'm a Rive Gauche person Moderator

Children eat the same as adults here in France so there aren't really restaurants that are child "friendly" or more orientated outside of the chain restaurants.

They eat out from an early age so in cafés, brasseries and restaurants waiters are used to having them there and treat them like adults.

Obviously you wouldn't take a child to a really fancy restaurant as they aren't going to sit still for 3 hours or more but the every day type that you will cross all over France are great.

Have a look on the OT site for ideas on what they might like doing

http://en.parisinfo.com/shows-exhibitions-paris/with-the-kids/

I like the Top 10 guides for a short trip or the Rough Guides in the mini format

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DK-Eyewitne...8985/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348428065&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Mini-Rough-Guide-Paris/dp/1848369328/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2

:goodvibes

4. cherrymarzipan

cherrymarzipan DIS Veteran

I found the DK Eyewitness Travel guide to Paris very useful - and I still love looking through it now remembering where I've been. It is broken down into small geographical areas, has lots of pictures and useful information about museums, sights, markets etc. and has the best pull out map of Paris I have seen.

Ii also went armed with about three pages worth of notes copied and pasted from Carrie's advice!

5. Ware Bears

Ware Bears Mourning the loss of my tags Moderator

I like the AA Citypack series as I like the removable map in the back cover Citypack Paris and following recommendations from other reviewers on Amazon I bought this one The Paris Mapguide which I thought really good.

6. PrettyP

PrettyP Mouseketeer

Thanks so much Carrie Cat, cherry marzipan & Ware Bears!! So sorry for the delay with my reply. Hadn't been on the forum for a few days and then yesterday when I was on I was all riled up by the change in terms of the Shareholder's Club :crazy2:

Thanks a million Carrie Cat for all your advice. You are so billiant at getting back to people with lots of advice and information. It is great to have the views of someone who lives near Paris and DLP and who knows so much about local stuff. I hope you know how much we all appreciate you here on this forum. I am going to read all the info in the OT site.

Thanks all three of you for your book suggestions. Am going to examine them all on Amazon now. I may get the city pack Ware Bears because I've had them for other cities and the maps are usually good and the map I have for Paris is probably about 10 years old now so time for an updated one! I will probably get one of the other ones you guys mentioned as well. I've been to Paris many times but there are still so many things I haven't seen and I've never been there with a child in tow before (although we did do a day trip from DLP back in 2010) so I'll be seeing it through new eyes.

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it!! :worship:

7. netimka

netimka DIS Veteran

8. PrettyP

PrettyP Mouseketeer

Thanks netimka! I'll have a look at that one aswell