Can anyone recommend a good low cal salad dressing?

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by Redmic, Jun 18, 2001.

1. Redmic

Redmic Can't fold fitted sheets

I love salad, but I haven't found a really good low fat/ low cal dressing. The Italian dressings in particular have a real chemical/off taste to me. Has anybody found a dressing they really like (home made would be ok too)? Bathing suit season is here - yikes!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BeautyLLM

BeautyLLM <font color=blue>Beauty'ful!<br><font color=magent

I don't like the lo-cal, lite dressings either...they taste like chemicals! I use Paul Newman's Balsamic Vinagrette. It is not lo-cal, lo-fat per se, but I have found that because it has a very strong flavor, you really don't need to use more than a tsp or so on a dinner salad.

Leslie

4. Lorix2

Lorix2 <font color=blue>Pixie and Dylan's mom<br><font co

I agree about the taste of those italian dressings too...

I really love Cains Fat Free Raspberry Vinagriatte, it's sweet and great on raw veggies too...

5. JennSaint

JennSaint DIS Veteran

Wishbone's Just 2 Good dressings are pretty good compared to some other lowfat ones I've tried. I really like the Caesar one.

6. Margie J

Margie J <font color=navy>Please <font color=red>DON'T <fon

All those bottled Italian dressings, low-cal or regular, are awful IMO.

If you have Ken's brand in your area, try their low-cal Raspberry Walnut or Balsamic Vinegarette. They're pretty tasty.

Hellman's Fat Free Honey Mustard dressing is great. I also put that on sandwiches. Try the Citrus Splash varieties too.

7. faith

faith DIS Veteran

Try Ken's brand light Caesar. Not super low in calories, but a little goes a long way. My DH loves it.

8. Blondie

Blondie ~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys

Kraft makes an awesome Fat Free Raspberry Vinagrette that is out of this world!

Unfortunately, I can only find it in single serve packets at the cafeteria where I work. I've been unable to find it in any grocery store in my area!

9. sha_lyn

sha_lyn If we couldn't laugh we'd all go insane

I prefer the Kens dressings or I will just use a little flavored vinegar. Tarragon or rice vinegars are my favorites.

10. candykisses

candykisses <font color=blue>Ask Me About My Sheltie<br><font

Most of the lite or low-cal Italian dressing are nasty. I'd rather use balsamic vinegar and alittle olive oil.

I did try Wishbone's Just 2 Good Ranch and I liked it.

11. chessie

chessie DIS Veteran

I hate the low and fat free dressings. I don’t care for the vinegar based dressings either.

I have to watch my cholesterol so a trick I use is to have my dressing on the side. I dip my fork into the dressing and then spear my salad. I get dressing with each bite and I use only a fraction of the dressing.

Chessie

12. MrsMud

MrsMud <font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t

I think Wishbone Fat Free Italian is delicious. Everyone in my home loves it, and recently we had friends over for lunch and they also raved about the dressing. IMHO you can't tell it's fat-free. I also use it as a marinade for chicken breasts or london broil, it's relly great!