Can anyone offer castle poses?

princessap

DIS Veteran
I am sooooo excited to get in the park before opening and want to get some great family shots and shots of my three girls......does anyone have any good poses in front of the castle?

I often see people flashing gang signs for photos in front of the castle.

Everyone gets poses from in front of the castle, some with the Partners statue in the foreground. I like to get images from all around the castle. The garden area on the right, the bridges on the sides and the backside. In some I will have the castle in full focus and others I will blur the castle background with a large aperture to shorten the depth of field. At night I will sometimes use rear curtain synch on my flash to get another effect. I just try to get variety. The biggest problem I have is with my family. They don't like to pose. I have ended up with lots of pictures of the castle without my family or someone else's family!:rotfl2:

I have just started playing around with my camera and am good with the blur effect with aperture....just wondering what setting people use to get fireworks.

I have just started playing around with my camera and am good with the blur effect with aperture....just wondering what setting people use to get fireworks.

If your goal is to get the flowery effect, you will need some way to stabilize your camera. The obvious choice is a tripod. I would use your widest lens set at your lowest ISO with a F-stop f8-f11. I prefer f11. I use the bulb mode with a two-five second exposure using a remote. For focus, I use manual focus set to infinity and then ever so slightly back it off. If you want multiple explosions you will need a neutral density filter. The downside is you will get a low number of images. This is an example:

MK Castle Orange FW by Terry McGraw Photography, on Flickr

you cant go wrong with a good old hand stand

magic-kingdom-051311-dan1.jpg

get in close, on the walk ways to the left or right. use a wide angle lens, inprtrait position. get low. takes awesome shots.

sorry no examples on me right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter