Can anyone give advice on Travelodge East Gate Orange

disneygal65

Mouseketeer
My dd and I are traveling alone and will be arriving by car later in the evening. I have booked the Travelodge Eastgate Orange for that one night, we will be staying at Disney for the week. It appeared online to be a clean place to stay. I dont need anything fancy, just clean and not run down. I also want to make sure that this is a safe place to stay because we will be by ourselves at night. The price was only $43 and that includes continental breakfast. Any feedback will be much appreciated.
Karen

Stayed there 1 night Dec. 02. Also paid ~$42, incl. taxes. Was OK. Good price, especially for 6 of us.
Just know that "continental breakfast" when we were there was just well pawed-over donuts (powdered & glazed) & Tang in a dreary room that was filled with many unsupervised kids going back for more & more of the dwindling donuts. Coffee had run out -- though more was being made. I mean for the $ that's all fine. Just you need to know that.

Room did have a microwave & mini-fridge. It was your basic motel room dumpy looking, but nothing scarey.

We didn't even see the pool, but I had previously read some reviews where people were thrilled with the pool. Our room faced the parking lot which was fine by us for 1 night & we were fine with having our car in view as we had just arrived in Orlando.

There is a kitschy souvenir store in shape of an Orange at front of the same parking lot. Makes it easy to find! Easy drive to the Parks straight along that main drag. It is farther out than the other Travelodge EastGate.

I really wasnt planning on eating breakfast there anyway. We are bringing muffins, bagel, etc with us. It is just a place to lay our head for a few hours before we are up and off to the Disney resort the next morning. We stayed at the Nikki Bird Holiday Inn last time...it was old but for the price it was fine. Clean and safe. That is the main thing for me I want a clean safe place to stay for 8 hours to get some sleep and then move on. I have read about some of the areas around Kissimmee mainly Old Town I think, that are unsafe. I am familiar with Disney but not really with the surrounding area and I dont want to stay somewhere unsafe. Did you guys feel safe there at night? Would you suggest that I stay at Nikki Bird again? It was $6 more a night plus tax and they had a small resort fee, $3 I think. Thanks for the help

Where did you find the $49 rate for Best Western Lakeside? The cheapest I could find was $55 a night and that was totally non-refundable. I would stay there if I could get $49 a night. Thanks

You should be fine I stayed there a few years ago and with that big Orange out front no one comes around.I was playing Paintball at WWoS so I was in and out at all times of the day.

I stayed, there 2 times, both times, the night before the Vistana.

Location, is great. We loved that the Waffle house was next door. Yum.

We crossed the street, & ate dinner at Chillis. I walked a few doors, down, & was able to go to the liquor store. On the way, I was asked to do a Time Share, & got free tickets to Disney. DD loved to shop in the gift shop next door. The breasfast, was doughnuts.

The hotel, was a bit seedey, but it was clean. My DD at the time was 9 & then 10, loved the pool. I actually liked the pool too. It had a laundry room, (coin operated) so you could do a load, if needed. Would I stay there again??Yes, for a night or two I would.

We met families they stay there every year, for a week for President's week. They were very nice.

Hope this helps

Patricia

disneygal65 said:
Where did you find the $49 rate for Best Western Lakeside? The cheapest I could find was $55 a night and that was totally non-refundable. I would stay there if I could get $49 a night. Thanks

On http://www.hotelmartusa.com/ if do a search in Orlando it comes up that search. I hope that made sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter