Can a I have a POP review?

We stayed at Pop in May and we REALLY liked it. The rooms are smaller than the deluxe resorts we normally stay at (but so is the price tag ;) ). The buses were the best we have ever had on property (we have stayed at the GF, BC, AKL and POR). The food court was big, but good choices. The resort itself didn't feel that big (POR is SO much bigger). We requested a lakeview room and got it. It was SUPER quiet on that side. (70's section, Giant Mickey Phone Building).

The only negative we can think of is that the pools ALWAYS have people in them. But since my room was nowhere near a pool, it was fine with me.

We will definitely be back :goodvibes

We really love POP. You mentioned ASMo being a far walk to the main hall. We stayed there once in Mighty Ducks building which I think is about as far as it gets. I didn't think it was that bad of a walk but POP definitely as some longer walks. So if that is a concern you might want to rethink it or book preferred.

But compared to ASMo I would say that POP is brighter and busier. The food court/shop is CRAZY because they are connected. But the food court has some really good stuff! The rooms are on the smallish side but livable. We stayed at ASMu one night and I actually thought that room might've been a little bigger. We've stayed in value resorts 5 times now and have gotten our King bed request filled every time. We stayed at AKL once and they weren't able to fill this. So the greater amount of rooms can give them more flexibility if you have specific needs.

We love POP. This will be our 4th or 5th stay and the kids don't want to stay anywhere else. We used to do ASMov, but ever since our first stay at POP we haven't gone anywhere else. We love it.

Got back today after an 8-night stay. We loved it!

I'm not sure what kind of review you're looking for ... but this was our first stay at a Value resort and we were pleasantly surprised! :cool1:

Another vote for Pop. I will be staying there for the3rd time next May!! Unfortunately in Sept I am staying at AllStars as that's where the gang has picked !! My DD and family have stayed at Pop so I will be interested to see which they prefer !! I have stayed in the 60's and in the 50"s and liked both !! The foodcourt is great I love the selections there !! You wont be sorry Pop is great!!

PLEASANTLY PLEASED works for me.
I am 99% set on booking POP for AUG/SEPT, although if FD is offered, it may get changed to AKL.::MinnieMo

it sucks!!!!big time!!!too loud ...too big....too long a wait for elevators!!!!!!long walk for anything...

We stayed there in 2005 and loved it. We had a preferred room so the walk was not bad at all. The theming is great, colors beautiful, and it was kept so clean. The food court was as good as any CS can be. CM's were all great. We would stay again.:thumbsup2

it sucks!!!!big time!!!too loud ...too big....too long a wait for elevators!!!!!!long walk for anything...
I find the walks to be much shorter there than at most other resorts. I had a longer walk, from both the monorail and bus stop, to my resort room at the Polynesian!! I've stayed at the furthest away rooms at POP and the walks were never long!! Stayed at POR in the way back...that was a hike to the food court. Thank heaven they have four bus stops..there was one only about 3 mins away.
The walk to the buses and food areas at both BCV and BWV are huge...none longer except for maybe SSR.
As for loud...well, once I got past the pool areas, it was very quiet.

so gald to hear all the positive reviews. we booked a 10 day trip staying there for May. The price difference between the deluxe resorts and Pop was AMAZING. I could have bought a compact car for the prices that they were quoting me.

So sorry about your DH, the only complaint I had about was about the raindow cheese cake:sad2: yuck, I know there was so many good reviews but I think it was the color just could not get the raindow out of my mind when eating it:rotfl2: . But I think you will be very satiesfied with your choice,we will be there the end of March:cool1: . Hve fun:)

Thank you, for my husband.
We are from NJ/PA area. Cheesecake is a staple, to us.popcorn::

Getting an AP, got an AP DDP for our XMAS trip and will go again in last week of Aug. I am 99% sure we will do POP (hoping for FD), although. with the moiney I save on tickets (225.00) and FD (250.00) I might spring for AKL. LOL.

DD does LOVE the pics from POP, though.princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter