Can a contract be broken into seperate contracts?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by fflmaster, Apr 25, 2012.

1. fflmaster

fflmaster DIS Veteran

Feb 18, 2002
    I am sure I know the answer is no, but I thought to get the correct answer for sure I would post this question.

I have a contract of 285 points for BCV.

I would rather have a contract of 150 points and sell the other 135 points to buy GFV when it comes avail.

Is this possible?

I totally messed up when I oringinally purchased my BCV back in 2002. I never thought of breaking the points into multiple contracts to give me flexibility.
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. palhockeymomof2

palhockeymomof2 DIS Veteran

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm pretty sure the answer is no as well...why not just call ms to confirm
  4. drusba

drusba I went to Iowa once, and it was closed.

Aug 19, 1999
    No, a contract cannot be divided. What your contract is actually for is an interest in a piece of real estate. Points are the symbols that represent that interest. From a legal viewpoint, trying to divide your contract would be like trying to cut in half your home and sell it in pieces.
  5. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Aug 18, 1999
    No. If you bought one contract for 285 points, then that is the only way you may sell it.

If you had a Master contract of say 150 points with an add-on contract of 135 points, then you could choose to sell either of those contracts independently from the other.
  6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Mar 20, 2000
    It's like when you buy a house. You can't just sell off part of the house to another owner.