Can 5 people stay in a stand WL room?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jemeh5, Jan 14, 2008.

1. jemeh5

jemeh5 Mouseketeer

I looked at the WL thread and it said the standard rooms only fit 4 people but I thought all deluxe hotels accomodated 5 in a room. Anyone know about this? Thank you!!! :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Jasminetigger

Jasminetigger DIS Veteran

a WL regular standard room only accomodates 4. I believe you could also have 4 plus 1 child under the age of three in a pack-n-play. WL does have a deluxe room that could accomodate 5.:)

4. Jene

Jene Earning My Ears

We are a family of 5 and I looked into booking AKL or WL and was told that the standard rooms at these two resorts only accomodate 4 people. However, the Poly, Contemporary, Grand Floridian standard rooms accomodate 5. I was disappointed, wanted to stay at WL, but cannot afford non standard room!

5. jemeh5

jemeh5 Mouseketeer

Thank you for answering that so quickly! We probably can't swing the price of the upgraded room so at least this helped me make a decision on where to stay! Thanks again!

6. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Being categorized as a "deluxe" hotel doesn't mean that the rooms are big enough for 5. A not well known fact about WL is that when it was built it was intended to be slotted between the deluxe and moderate resorts. That's how it was marketed for the first few years after it opened. Then Disney realized that they could charge more if the upgraded some of the amenities and sell it as a deluxe. Of course, at that point there was no way to enlarge the rooms so, the rooms are indeed smaller than the original deluxe hotels.

7. jemeh5

jemeh5 Mouseketeer

Thank you Jeff, I didn't know that information about the Wildnerness Lodge. I was looking for something different - we've stayed at the YC, which we loved and then POR, which we didn't love so much. After recently getting a discount code we were hoping to do a return trip this year at a lower priced deluxe. Might have to think about the Contemporary instead (or just splurge for the YC again). Thanks again for sharing what you know about WL.
    Oh, and btw, while I'm thinking about it, am I to understand that the Poly isn't really an "inside" hotel? Do you have to walk outside to get to the rooms like the POR? Take care all, Jen

8. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

The Poly is a combination inside/outside hotel. The rooms are all in separate "long houses" which do have an inside corridor. But you have to go outside to get to the buildings. And there aren't any rooms in the main "Great Ceremonial House", only check-in, shops and restaurants.