Camping or Walmart Parking Lot :D

JoKnee

Addicted to Dole Whip
Does anyone know of a nearby Walmart that allows overnight camping? Or a campground that is reasonable in price and location?

One of the RV parks has tent camping for about $20 a night and it's on the ART route so you can ride the bus to DL.

I would assume all nearby stores like walmart or target have patrols that look for campers every night.

I would assume all nearby stores like walmart or target have patrols that look for campers every night.
Some Wal Marts allow overnight RV parking as long as you don't use slide outs and there are no hookups, so I'm not sure if it's limit to one night or what. But most in CA have shared parking lots and it's not allowed at those.

The rv one is booked the nights we'll be there. I'll try calling the Wal Mart. Thanks folks!

It may not be up to Walmart. Even though most Walmart's allow RV's overnight in their parking lots. The city may have ordinances not allowing it.

"Motorhomes, campers or trailers may be used for living or sleeping quarters only in an approved campground or R.V. park."
I found this on Anaheim's city website. I also found articles about overnighters at Walmart in Anaheim, some make it thru the night, others ran out after the stores all close.
When you say Camping, do you mean in some type of RV? or just sleeping in your car.

Bummer! We have a hotel reservation that I guess we'll keep. I was trying to find any way to reduce our cost, but this doesn't look like the way to do it.

Dont' forget, there are many other cities nearby but it may be best to stick with what you have. If you stay in some of the surrounding cities, you can find more cost effective rooms further away and many are on the ART routes or can be accessed via taxi, but the time savings and stamp of approval from Disney may be worth relatively few extra dollars for hotel. You can make more savings in your food and travel expenses.

Maybe you can find a Stucky's? :teeth:

Does anyone remember camping out at a Stucky's?:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!