1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Camping and military discounts

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by jojosam, Feb 3, 2013.

1. jojosam

jojosam Mouseketeer

My husband and I are tossing around the idea of buying a small camper and staying at Ft Wilderness Campground instead of the cabins on our next trip. The camper will get plenty of use in the future, so the cost of buying a camper is not figured into our vacation budget. My question is if they offer military discount on campsites. I know the cabins get a discount as they are considered a moderate resort.

Additionally, I know they don't offer free dining if you book a campsite, but I assume Disney will be more than willing to sell me a dining plan!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. *Michele*

*Michele* Mouseketeer

The last two times we've stayed at Fort Wilderness we did not get the military discount. (We stayed in premium loops, but I don't think that mattered.) I don't know about the dining plan as that's one of the perks for us of camping, all the food is already in your kitchen, lol.:)
    Best of luck in your decision!!

4. FloridaTeacher

FloridaTeacher Now I'm a Guidance Counselor

It is very rare for there to be a military discount at the campground, however if you book through Ticket & Tours (or whatever the travel agency is on your base) they'll contact you if discounts become available.

You can indeed purchase a dining plan. We eat so many meals in our camper that we find the dining plan not necessary.:)

5. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!

You can also sometimes get AAA discounts if you have a that. Keep trying, don't give up, we got our discount 2 days before arrival.

6. jojosam

jojosam Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the information!

7. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Common sense is so rare, should be a Super Power.

1) No military discounts for capsites.
    2) But, there are military discounts for most tickets/passes.

PS - Thanks for your service.

8. KPSmithSr

KPSmithSr Mouseketeer

If the base does not have discount tickets, you should be able to get them at Shades of Green. It is on the other side of the Magic Kingdom. The ticket office used to be in the front door and then down the hall to the right. Anyone there can give you directions. Have fun.

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/

9. Disney Bunny

Disney Bunny DIS Veteran

Not necessarily true. In 2009, we received a 30% discount at The Fort as part of Disney's Salute to the Troops promotion. You need to call 407-939-7830 to see if there are military discounts available at The Fort.

10. Running_Bell

Running_Bell Mouseketeer

This is a great question and good to know. My son is coming home from Korea in April after 15 months. We are planning a FW trip once he is back so I can't wait to read more. :) He turned 20 while in Korea... but you never get to old for Disney, right?

Thank you for your service!!!