Camp Minnie-Mickey Characters?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Mom2six, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Mom2six

Mom2six DIS Veteran

For some reason I had thought I read that the Camp Minnie-Mickey Characters were being relocated and not meeting in Camp Minnie-Mickey anymore. I didn't pay that much attention to it because I wasn't going back until next September. Now we are going for a spontaneous trip from 12/2 to 12/8. I've searched for new info on Camp Minnie-Mickey and it sounds like they do meet there still? I hope so, but what is the real information? Can we go see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy on the Camp Minnie-Mickey Trails the first week of December?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

They still meet there.

4. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Mickey, Minnie, and Donald - YES

Daisy is Random

Goofy now only meets in Dinoland (with Pluto)

King Louie & Baloo now meet in the 4th kiosk

Chip, Dale, and Pocahontas also meet daily at Camp

Many other characters (most notable are the Br'ers and Meeko) appear randomly in the area as well.

Happy Hunting!

5. TCups4Me

TCups4Me Mouseketeer

We've only met the characters at Epcot and they remained together (mickey, minnie, pluto, donald, goofy) so it was one group shot. It appears to met that the AK characters are all separate. Do we have to wait in individual lines for each? Or is it one long line, then you progress from one character to the next? If it's like this, can you skip characters to just see who you want?

6. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

They each have separate lines.

I'm confused about your Epcot experience, though. Those five characters used to meet at the end of one line, but they did not typically pose together for one group shot. You would normally go from character to character, taking a picture and meeting each individually.

7. TCups4Me

TCups4Me Mouseketeer

We were there on a Sunday early evening during F&W and there was nobody in line for the characters. They were all standing there together. As it turned out, this was going to be our son's first character meet and he was 2 and wanted nothing to do with it! We left and looked at them from the window outside. So I just assumed that they would pose together. Sounds like that is not the case.

Thanks for the info on the lines.

8. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

When we were there at the end of October, Mickey and Minnie were meeting together in 1 hut, another had Baloo and King Louie meeting together, and I think he third said "forest friends" and had Pocahontas and Meeko together. Donald may have been by himself in the last hut, I don't remember exactly.

9. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Any chance it was sprinkling out? When there is a chance of rain, Poca gets moved under cover and Mickey/Minnie merge.

10. LaurieN

LaurieN DIS Veteran

We were there today;
    Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale,King Louie & Baloo, Pocahontas were all there. Santa Goofy & Pluto were in DinoLand.

11. gwmort

gwmort DIS Veteran

This was our experience this week as well. Also in AK Rafiki was available out at Planet Watch.

We caught Goofy and Daisy in Pete's Silly side show over at MK.

12. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Now that you say that it was a gross day that was drizzling on & off. That makes sense!