Camera Bag

Lightroom 3 or Aperture 3

• Lightroom 3

• Aperture 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mrs. YEKCIM and I both wear photojournalist vests similar to the one pictured below, when we visit Mickey's World, as well as at other times, when there is a lot of "stuff" to be carried. The pockets on our vests (ours are Banana Republic, which no longer sells, them, AFAIK) are large, and will accomodate a pretty good size camera. I have a Canon Optura 30 camcorder (MiniDV) and it fits very nicely in one of the upper pockets. Typically, I wear the strap around my neck, but keep the camera in that pocket. There are also plenty of pockets, outside *and* inside, for everything you would need to carry.

~YEKCIM

vest.jpg

DH and I are getting ready for a trip to England in late June, and I am looking for a new way to carry my digital SLR and lenses. I currently have a Lowepro backpack that I love, but it isn't the best set up for this trip. I'm only going to bring my camera with the standard lens and one telephoto lens, plus extra batteries and flash cards. I'd like to find a good hip-pack (fanny-pack) for my camera stuff - any recommendations?

Also made by Lowepro .. it's the TLZ 20. They make slightly larger versions, also, which can accomodate larger lenses. I have this version, and it suits me fine. (I have a digital Pentax *ist, with a Sigma 18-125 lens.) I usually carry the bag on my shoulder, but it has a loop that allows you slip it on a belt. I think the shoulder strap can be adapted for hip-wearing, too.

rezoTLZ20_equip_left_3_n1.jpg

Try the Lowepro Photo Runner Beltpack Camera Bag. Should be large enough to accomodate a DSLR and a couple of lens' plus some accessories. It's also convertable to shoulder carried if that becomes more convenient at times.

Have a great trip!

Anne

Currently I'm carrying three bags everytime I go for a major shoot which is a pain in the -bleep-

Anybody can recommend where I can put the followings:

1. Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS attached to 30D with battery grip
2. Metz 54 Mz 4 flash
3. 8 sets of AA batteries
4. Canon battery charger
5. AA battery charger
6. Canon 50mm f/1.8 with rubber hood
7. Original Gary Fong diffuser
8. Canon A95 point and shoot camera
9. Sigma 18-125 f/5.6 lens
10. Canon 18-55 f/2.8 IS lens (with hood if one day it becomes available)
11. extra 2 sets of BP-511 battery
12. a 14" widescreen laptop with charger
13. business cards (I use up about 100 per session)
14. one or two more fixed lenses in the future (thinking about 35mm and 85mm)

oh, and the bag should be okay to be taken on-board as a carry on.

Thanks for all the advices beforehand.

LowePro has several bags that would meet your needs. I've found that amazon.com has the best prices for them. They have at least two that can accomodate a laptop. They have two that convert from roller to backpack--the one is probably too small for you though. The downside is that they are on teh pricey side.

Anne

Can anyone suggest a good bag for my Nikon D50. I have bought the Nikon system bag and its great as I can git my camera, 2 lenses and my 12" ibook in it. The only thing that puts me off is the Nikon patch on the front - am I advertising myself to thieves!?

Would I be best to buy another bag - I have been looking at crumplers and they are quite funky!

Lowepro is probably the best thing out there. They've got several styles wich will also accomodate a laptop. Amazon generally has the best prices.

Frankly thieves know what's what, and it doesn't really matter which bag you buy, you could be targeted.

Anne

I've been wondering the same thing for my new D50. The salesman at Ritz/Wolf tried to sell me a Tamerac? bag, and I did like the way it slung on your body, and seemed to be easy to reach when needed. I decided to wait, until I receive my $50 rebate from them before purchasing from them. Now, I will be paying the price next week when I visit the World though... :sad2: I bought the anniversary camera bag at WDW last October, and love it, but it just BARELY gets my D50 in there with the 18-200 lens on it. And, it is NOT easy to get out! Maybe I should consider using a backpack just for my camera? I'm not sure what I'll do... :confused3

disneyfan551 said:
I've been wondering the same thing for my new D50. The salesman at Ritz/Wolf tried to sell me a Tamerac? bag, and I did like the way it slung on your body, and seemed to be easy to reach when needed. I decided to wait, until I receive my $50 rebate from them before purchasing from them. Now, I will be paying the price next week when I visit the World though... :sad2: I bought the anniversary camera bag at WDW last October, and love it, but it just BARELY gets my D50 in there with the 18-200 lens on it. And, it is NOT easy to get out! Maybe I should consider using a backpack just for my camera? I'm not sure what I'll do... :confused3

I would not use a regular backpack, not enough padding/protection...

A non-camera bag can be modofied with a layer of dive suit material (like a mouse pad) to make a nicely paded camera bag.

As for mainstream bags, I don't see any that are as well made as LowePro. Their AW models are very good, the Magnums are even better.

I wanted a more vertical style and have used Eagle Creek's Guide bag (with added padding) but need more room now. Crumpler's "million dollar home" series looks very nice and appears to be well made. I ordered the $4M style for my 10D, 24-105, and 70-200 and will report on it in about a week.

boB

I like the Lowepro AW bags, never know when you need the cover. Another very well made (although dated looking in the clasic way) are Domke bags.

I have two Lowepro bags for my D50, the Off Trail 1 and the Sling Shot 100. The off trail is great as a fanny pack style and holds the D50 nicely and two other lens or a lens and flash. However, when going to WDW, I will already have a fanny pack on that holds my pins and tickets and such, so I went with the Sling Shot 100. It holds all my gear so that I have one bag with everything I need. I also like how it operates. It is a sling pack but you just pull it around front and open the flap to get to the camera. Can't wait to try it out in a couple months.

And Hi Tiffany, long time no hear!!

I like the idea of the sling bag it sounds very handy - just off to check it out on their website :thumbsup2

I'll definitely be checking out all of these suggestions! Where do you usually find these bags? Our local Ritz in the mall is very small and seems to have limited inventory.

Hi Ratpack! :wave: I hope your family is doing well!! :sunny:

I have a Lowepro Off Trail and it is excellent for carrying the camera with a lens attached and two extra lenses or a lens and flash or whatever.

Has anyone tried these? I have been trying to find one in the stores to see what they are like, but the stores I tried didn't have any. So I thought I would ask all of you if you have used them and what you thought. I like the idea of a sling bag.

TIA

I use Velocity 9 and it fits the following:

1. 30D w/ battery grip with Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS attached w/ hood
2. Metz 54MZ 4 flahs w/ Gary Fong diffuser
3. Sigma 18-125 and Canon 50mm f/1.8
4. 6 sets of 4 AA batteries

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts