Camera Bag

Lightroom 3 or Aperture 3

• Lightroom 3

• Aperture 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love this board but you guys keep coming up with stuff I get a hankering for. :teeth: I have an old, ugly, not park friendly camera back that has served me well. I used to tote a Nikon 8008s SLR around the parks until I got my Nikon CP 995. I've gotten used to small and light so I've been concerned about having the D70 with me at WDW and other field trips.

This thread got me to searching for more information and I came upon this site I thought might be useful for others thinking about camera bags:

CamBags.com

Find your camera and it'll list some bags with user reviews and pictures. Gives you a good idea how much a camera holds and the size of the bags.

I need some input on the photopass program. I have tried to contact Disney with my question on the photopass site but no answer yet. My Navy Sea Cadets performed in the flag retreat ceremony at the Magic Kingdom Jan. 4 and a Disney photographer took 54 pics and told our commander that a CD could be purchased of the pics. CD's were not listed on the order section. I don't want my time to run out as they are only on the net for 30 days. This was a very special event. It was the first time an outside organization has performed the flag retreat and Disney officials said the audience was the largest they ever had to observe the retreat ceremony. Has anybody used the photopass program? I read somewhere that a CD could be purchased for about $95 and it would give the purchaser full rights to do their own reprints. Any comments are welcome. Thanks. Cheryl :earsgirl:

We just returned from WDW at Christmas. We left Christmas Eve eve (Dec 23rd). That night was the first night that Disney was selling the CD of the Photopass photos. We bought the second one ever made and paid $99 plus tax. It was well worth it.

brack said:
We just returned from WDW at Christmas. We left Christmas Eve eve (Dec 23rd). That night was the first night that Disney was selling the CD of the Photopass photos. We bought the second one ever made and paid $99 plus tax. It was well worth it.

$99? That's a lot of money. How many photos did that include? Did it give you the rights to print the photos if you wish?

Anyone have the Mountainsmith Aurora medium lumbar camera bag?

I am tempted to buy it but I am not sure if it is big enough for my S2IS and misc WDW touring stuff. Really like the idea of a hip pack for the weight.

I have a regular lumbar pack from them which is great but no idea on the camera bag. Would be interested in this too.

What are some important things to look for in a camera bag?

I plan on purchasing the Canon S3 IS when it comes out, my other digital is very small so I never really used a case. Can you recommend one for me?

Thanks!!

Not sure if this fits your needs, but I personally use something similar to this:

vest.jpg

YEKCIM said:
Not sure if this fits your needs, but I personally use something similar to this:

vest.jpg

I second the idea of a vest, I never carry a bag with me, everything I need is right in the vest, it made WDW so much easier in February

I only use my camera bag for transporting, not for carrying my camera around in the parks.

The main things I look for in a camera bag are:

1) Fits my equipment - not just big enough, but adjustable enough to hold my equipment in place without moving around.
2) Plenty of padding to protect my equipment.
3) Rugged construction - reinforced corners, metal zippers, heavy stitching, water-resistant materials.
4) Easy access - flip-up top to I can get stuff out when the bag is hanging from my shoulder, zip or clip pouches on the outside for small stuff like memory cards.
5) Big, wide, soft, comfy shoulder strap, with rotating clips to easily untangle it.

Was wondering if anyone had used a vest vs. a camera bag for WDW photography? I like having everything handy but hands free.

I already look like a geek with a fanny pack. Imagine a fanny pack with a vest... :rotfl2:

I've seen plenty of people wearing photographers' vests at WDW. It's a fairly common method for carrying extra gear.

Just be aware that lots of Guests will see your vest and mistake you for a PhotoPass photographer, and ask you to take their pictures.

I prefer to pare down my gear so that I don't need a bag or a vest.

206bones said:
Was wondering if anyone had used a vest vs. a camera bag for WDW photography? I like having everything handy but hands free.

I already look like a geek with a fanny pack. Imagine a fanny pack with a vest... :rotfl2:

I just did WDW in FEbruary using a vest and it was great, no need to remember to pick up my bag after watching shows or parades, everything was right there with easy access.

I will agree with WillCAD, people will stop and ask you to take their photo..I even had photopass photographers thinking I was one of them, one walked up to me near the castle and started talking to me, about another castmember,'till I told him I was just a guest, and then over in toon town when I walked in with my sister and nieces one of the photographers almost left thinking I was his replacement, until I followed my nieces to the next character...LOL

another advantage of a vest over a bag, I never had to wait to be checked by security, I was told since I had no bags to check, to walk thru the center area, I was more than ready to show the contents of my pockets, but was never asked to...

I've used a vest thrice at Mickey's World and, at least for me, it is the best option. Advantages are better weight distribution, multiple pockets for handy retrieval of various items, waterproof pockets, to store cameras, etc, in the event of rain. Disadvantages are that it can be a little warm, on a hot day, and small stuff tends to get lost in the pockets. I can carry camcorder, still camera, extra batteries, memory cards, and tapes, a couple water bottles, snacks, OTC med's, park maps, and so on. Among the most useful items on my vest is a small velcro-closure set of mesh pockets on the front that are ideal for carrying PhotoPass card and park pass.

~YEKCIM

I was just thinking...What type of a bag should I take into the parks with me. Mainly, I'll just be lugging around cameras and accessories, gum, handheld fan, sunglasses, a hat, $$$ and credit cards, ipod, a hairbrush

so where does one store their camera in a vest? surely it cant be worn around the neck all day, especially when on rides...

eugeniuss said:
so where does one store their camera in a vest? surely it cant be worn around the neck all day, especially when on rides...

I personally do carry my camera around my neck all day, back in 2001 and 2002 I did WDW with 2 35mm SLRs and one point and shoot around my neck, my last trip this February I was down to one digital....

for rides I hold the camera in one hand, or zip it inside the vest,while still around my neck.

there also is the option of using the one large pocket which will hold an SLR with a moderate size lens..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!