Calling Home from Grand Cayman and Cozumel

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Disneyfan37, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Disneyfan37

Disneyfan37 DIS Veteran

We are doing the Western Itinierary in November(Thanksgiving week).Has anybody every called home from GC or Cozumel?We were wondering if there are phone cards close boy or if the AT and T phone cards you buy on the states work there.Any advice is greatly appreciated!Thanks!

Maria

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. teacup_tink

teacup_tink Earning My Ears

there should be but im not sure where
    but i know next to were the ship docks there's telephones

4. Mary Anne

Mary Anne <font color=blue>Not sure what season that is<br><

I used my cell phone (T-Mobil). We did not talk long and I think the two calls cost me under $10. It was well worth it to us.

5. Disneyfan37

Disneyfan37 DIS Veteran

Thanks!That is good to know that there are phones close port.I have Nextel,so I am not sure if I will have service or not.

6. vossjemi

vossjemi I LUV 2 Travel!!!

There is a store right at the pier on the left in grand cayman. Across the street is columbian emeralds. I think it cost $13 for 26 minutes or something like that.

Same thing on cozumel....there is an international calling station at the pier, which runs about 45cents/minute.

7. MrsG

MrsG <font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f

We could not find a phone anywhere on Grand Cayman, despite asking numerous times for directions to one.

We had no problem on Cozumel. We had a prepaid AT*T calling card. Just call ATT and they'll tell you what phone logo to look for that takes ATT. There were many of them on the main drag. Try to get one in the shade, it is really hot to stand and talk in the sun!