1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Calling every day really works

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by sorchamac, Sep 8, 2004.

1. sorchamac

sorchamac Do what you like, like what you do.

When the fall resort codes came out I was only able to get the discount rate for 4 of my 7 nights. I had Sun-Wed discounted Woods view room at WL. I kept calling every day, sometimes twice a day, to try to add on Thurs and Friday. I called this morning and there was nothing, and on a whim tried calling again tonight at dinner time. And I got it!! So now I have 6 of my seven nights discounted!! I don't expect to be able to get my first night discounted because it's Sat of Thanksgiving weekend, a blackout night.

I knew that today/tomorrow was the two week deposit deadline from when the codes were first released. That's probably why the rooms came available.

So keep trying - you never know!!

Sorcha

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. bhillier

bhillier Mouseketeer

That's wonderful. Did the CM's ever say that you were calling too much? I was trying to get a room @ Poly. I was told each call is noted in their system and that I had several. So I was just wondering if you got an attitude from anyone?

4. sorchamac

sorchamac Do what you like, like what you do.

No, I can't say I did, except yesterday everyone sounded tired. I called to make PS yesterday too. I'm sure that's just aftermath from the hurricane. They have had it rough in Florida this past month.

I can't imagine a CM every having the nerve to say I was calling too much. In fact most of them said "keep trying back". Hey, as long as the phones are ringing they will have a job!!!

Sorcha

5. princessmomma

princessmomma DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for posting this. I tried this morning for my dates of Dec. 18-27 at the Wilderness Lodge using BAT and it was entirely open. Yes!! I have tried every other day for about 10 days and nothing was available, so it must be around this time that people needed to put their deposits down.

Thanks again.