Calling Disney from Australia

bswift

Mouseketeer
I did a search for "call" but only got roll call threads so I do apologise if this has been discussed elsewhere!

Has anyone called Disney to modify or change their reservation? I'm wanting to add free dining to my booking once it's offered but I don't want to rack up a huge phone bill! I know you can purchase credits on Skype to call regular numbers, would that be the best way to go about it?

I called them but I just did it from my home phone. I don't recall the cost exactly but don't remember it being exorbitant. Mine was a pretty quick call though 15mins max.

Super easy to add/modify things via My Disney Experience online though. I have recently made changes to existing bookings online when specials came out - the specials do pop up as an option you can choose - that resulted in a cheaper package.

yes skype is an option
just make sure you load more credit than you need. Otherwise if you run out of credit the calls disconnects (not good if your in the middle of working with a cast member)
also you wont stress watching your credit run down...while sitting on hold.

if your tech savvy
you could use a VPN to spoof your are in America and use online chat

since we use to have a skype monthly plan and local US number...we always used that
but the call quality sometimes is just so bad you have to call again
skype is really sensitive to background noise and really picks it up...making the cast member asking you to repeat that over and over
overall skype is a cheap option that works well most of the time.

though we now just use our Telstra landline to call
the cost is not that crazy
last call spent 15 min or so and was only a few dollars.

for the most part there is not allot of time wasted on hold when calling Disney
the cast members are normally quick and efficient

Hmm, I can't see anywhere to change my reservation? Only to cancel it. Maybe it's because we've already paid it all off?
2i0glkl.jpg

I think the phone lines will be very busy with everyone trying to add/book free dining so I'm expecting it to take longer than 15 minutes!

I'm like Franrose and I call them but forget to check how much it costs lol
\
How did you find out about free dining dates?

Free dining is live! Happened at about 6:20pm our time. I figured out the solution to my problem earlier in the day thankfully, it's a Chrome problem! Using Safari I was able to add DD to my booking.

Yeah-ha! Glad it worked for you. I didn't think about different web browsers making a difference (I use chrome too).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter