Calling any Champagne Girl!!

Scrappy_Tink

DIS Veteran
I've caught glimpses on a couple of threads regarding a group called the "Champagne Girls", who meet during cruises, dressed in pink, wearing tiaras and pink boas, just for the purpose to have a few drinks and fun meet-ups.

Can anyone give me an idea if this is a "formal club", or can anyone participate or organize a party for their cruise? Sounds like something too fun to miss! :banana:

I heard about this group....I met someone on the Dis who did that on the last transatlantic crossing....

I'd love to do that, even if that means adding more to my suitcase (totally worth it!!!) :-)

I've caught glimpses on a couple of threads regarding a group called the "Champagne Girls", who meet during cruises, dressed in pink, wearing tiaras and pink boas, just for the purpose to have a few drinks and fun meet-ups.

Can anyone give me an idea if this is a "formal club", or can anyone participate or organize a party for their cruise? Sounds like something too fun to miss! :banana:

It an informal thing those that want to participate in!
Before my time, but they sound like a whole loada fun!

The Cruise Meet's forum would be a good place to re-post this and find any other existing threads to mention it on for a night out!
Also try to get any of the Cruise Staff involved once aboard to help recruit people!

Ex Techie :)

Ooh, this sounds fun!!

They organized this on our WBTA cruise in 2010.

I did not participate as I don't do much without hubby, and he is not a gal, lol. :lmao:

But I know they had lots of fun!

WOW!!!!! I'm flattered that my little get together to do a champagne tasting like girly girls has grown this far. I LOVE IT!!!!!

I have done 3 tastings so far but I know that many others have been done on cruises that I have not sailed on. My next one is going to be on the first Hawaii cruise. We're wearing pink Leis and pink flowers in our hair that I'm providing.

It's really up to one person or two to organize it. Then you can determine how much or how little you want to put into it. For example, I always provide the pink boas and tiaras. At other CG tastings everyone brought their own. You pick whatever works for you and your group. I can copy my way of doing it and you can decide how you want to do it after reading. Any questions, I'll check back here and be happy to answer them. Here's a copy of my current event:

CHAMPAGNE GIRLS.....CHAMPAGNE GIRLS.......CHAMPAGNE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calling all the Champagne Girls.....I'm about to make an announcement:

I will be co-hosting a Champagne Girls Tasting, along with my co-host and co-originator Mandy UK/angel, for women only on the Hawaiian cruise. Every adult woman is invited. You don't have to drink champagne to attend, but it certainly doesn't hurt if you do.

Here's how it works when I do it:

I request a room from DCL. I order a variety of champagne from DCL. I put it on my bill. All the ladies attending are required to wear pink. Pink leis and pink flowers for your hair will be provided for everyone to wear. We will take a group picture that will be very pink. We will "taste," "drink," "guzzle" and consume all the champagne while discussing it and many other things. It's a fun, fun way to spend two hours on a sea day.

We have a mascot, Sassy Bubbles, who is attending and will be dressed as a pink tink. We have ladies who won't drink any champagne, they are honorary members and can attend without any charge. We have ladies who will just have a little champagne and not all of the varieties, they are the sippers and will be charged $5 cash to attend. We have ladies who are drinkers/guzzlers and will drink all the various champagnes offered, they are the tasters and will be charged $10 cash to attend. I collect some money to offset part of the costs to me. In no way does it cover all of my expenses, but I prefer to offer it at a minimal price so that many more ladies will be able to attend. I always say, "the more the merrier."

If you are interested in attending please post on page one of the spreadsheet on this thread....look for the tab, tell me your name, stateroom number and category preference.....honorary member, sipper or taster.....so I can determine how much champagne I need to order.

That's it. Our first tasting was done in 2008, the second in 2009 and the third in 2011 on the first Alaskan. Since then more Champagne Girls Tastings have been done by others that attended, not by me. Personally, I think they stole the name PINK for the Champagne Bar on the DREAM from us. hahaha.

I'll post some pictures soon.

Here's the first Champagne Girls tasting:

champagnegirls051-1.jpg

Here's the second:

tortolacruise9-09065-2.jpg

Here's the third:

alaskachampagnegirls20111.jpg

These are just the three that I have done. There are many more, but I wasn't there.

This is so great! I would totally do this! Looks like so much fun! :cool1::cool1::dance3::dance3:

Well all you have to do is sail on one of my cruises....hahaha OR do it yourself however you want to on your next cruise. I usually hire a DCL sommolier to teach us about each champagne that we're tasting. Then I tell him to give us some time in between to drink and talk. It's usually very entertaining and fun.

Here is a photo from our Champagne Girls meet on the 2011 Wonder Panama Canal Cruise

DCL11-Champagne-Girls-and-M.jpg

We had a special guest join us for our photo in the atrium. I guess Daisy Duck is now an honorary Champagne Girl!

-Kay

Here's the first Champagne Girls tasting:

champagnegirls051-1.jpg

Here's the second:

tortolacruise9-09065-2.jpg

Here's the third:

alaskachampagnegirls20111.jpg

These are just the three that I have done. There are many more, but I wasn't there.

Thanks so much for the information and encouragement Ella!! I've also seen where one group each brought their own champagne and met in an area where they could share and have fun (I want to say it was on Deck 13, Forward, where they have tons of room) . I'm thinking of this, or meeting at Pink, where each would just pay for their own drink. I'm afraid I don't have a lot of my own funds to be able to pay for a lot in advance.

Another thought I was having was have women bring their champagne (in their pink garb!) to Deck 13 Forward, and at the same time, the men (who want to participate) could have a "cigar circle" (they'd HAVE to wear something like a straw bahama type hat or something). According to one of the guys at work, there aren’t many things that form a bond like cigar smoking. Smoking is alsonallowed On the Disney Dream, on Deck 13 forward.

So in essence, the women have their champagne party, the men, who want to participate can have their "cigar", and then afterwards we can all mingle and have a meet. I know smoking isn't popular as it used to be, but many men like an occasional "good cigar" for a special occasion (or they can participate without smoking, I can probably find some of those old bubble-gum cigars). Anyway, I'd advertise the two events separately (so men can do their thing without the women, and it doesn't take anything away from being a "Champagne Lady"), but with caveat that afterwards the two groups can mingle.

Ella, and those of you that have wandered on to this thread out of curiosity please give me your thoughts!!

Also, thinking along these thoughts of having two separate contests....women decorate a sand pail for a champagne bucket, and men decorate their straw hats. The winners would get an engraved SS Member Cruise Champagne Bucket, and a SS Member Cruise hat band for their straw hat, respectively.

We did something similar in 2010 on the TAs. We had so many women sailing solo that we formed a "cougar club" (very tongue in cheek)...and got together for chatting, adult beverages, whatever. Someone made ID buttons for the gang.

It was just a fun thing on a long cruise!

This sounds like fun! I would love to do something like this on our cruise...but we only have a couple people signed up on our meet thread so far... And it is VERY quiet over there. Sigh...

WOW!!!!! I'm flattered that my little get together to do a champagne tasting like girly girls has grown this far. I LOVE IT!!!!!

I have done 3 tastings so far but I know that many others have been done on cruises that I have not sailed on. My next one is going to be on the first Hawaii cruise. We're wearing pink Leis and pink flowers in our hair that I'm providing.

It's really up to one person or two to organize it. Then you can determine how much or how little you want to put into it. For example, I always provide the pink boas and tiaras. At other CG tastings everyone brought their own. You pick whatever works for you and your group. I can copy my way of doing it and you can decide how you want to do it after reading. Any questions, I'll check back here and be happy to answer them. Here's a copy of my current event:

CHAMPAGNE GIRLS.....CHAMPAGNE GIRLS.......CHAMPAGNE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calling all the Champagne Girls.....I'm about to make an announcement:

I will be co-hosting a Champagne Girls Tasting, along with my co-host and co-originator Mandy UK/angel, for women only on the Hawaiian cruise. Every adult woman is invited. You don't have to drink champagne to attend, but it certainly doesn't hurt if you do.

Here's how it works when I do it:

I request a room from DCL. I order a variety of champagne from DCL. I put it on my bill. All the ladies attending are required to wear pink. Pink leis and pink flowers for your hair will be provided for everyone to wear. We will take a group picture that will be very pink. We will "taste," "drink," "guzzle" and consume all the champagne while discussing it and many other things. It's a fun, fun way to spend two hours on a sea day.

We have a mascot, Sassy Bubbles, who is attending and will be dressed as a pink tink. We have ladies who won't drink any champagne, they are honorary members and can attend without any charge. We have ladies who will just have a little champagne and not all of the varieties, they are the sippers and will be charged $5 cash to attend. We have ladies who are drinkers/guzzlers and will drink all the various champagnes offered, they are the tasters and will be charged $10 cash to attend. I collect some money to offset part of the costs to me. In no way does it cover all of my expenses, but I prefer to offer it at a minimal price so that many more ladies will be able to attend. I always say, "the more the merrier."

If you are interested in attending please post on page one of the spreadsheet on this thread....look for the tab, tell me your name, stateroom number and category preference.....honorary member, sipper or taster.....so I can determine how much champagne I need to order.

That's it. Our first tasting was done in 2008, the second in 2009 and the third in 2011 on the first Alaskan. Since then more Champagne Girls Tastings have been done by others that attended, not by me. Personally, I think they stole the name PINK for the Champagne Bar on the DREAM from us. hahaha.

I'll post some pictures soon.

Who'd have thought our little idea would still be going and be so popular, Deb! Heres to The Champagne Girls!

I am hoping that on the "rumored" WBTA in 2013 - we'll do a Champagne Girls thing!

It's all in hand, don't worry! ;)

:littleangel:

UKangel and I formed this idea five years ago. Who knew it would have it's own thread all this time later.

I'm very flattered, as I'm sure you are too Angel.

We started this out because we are girly girls and decided to have an all girls champagne tasting. But there are no rules here. I do it my way, you can do it your way. Whatever works for you is what you should do.

I LOVE that Daisy Duck is an unofficial honorary member of the Champagne Girls.

Keep the party going Ladies......Angel and I love it!!!!

Deb - so cute - I love that Daisy has "joined" us
:goodvibespirate:

I clink my glass to you - now back to the game !

OOOH I love it! I am a very girly girl.. I have the perfect tiara for this..
Anyone doing this on Sept 8th Fantasy cruise?? LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!