Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That, exactly! I've never been able to actually see the wear, but I can feel it. Do you have a new pair waiting? That's my test: try the new pair for a couple runs and see how you feel compared to running in the old ones.

I don't... I should have bought a second pair of the purflows when they were on sale... since now I can't find them in my size. So looks like I will be trying a new shoe.. or maybe just trying the new version.

I have the Fiona and THAT is trouble getting on, I can't imagine the Juno with the racer-back. That being said, the Fiona has velcro straps and they've held up quite well. I've had it for over a year now and it gets washed about 2x a week, no signs of wear yet.

Ekk...I just order the Juno...but through Title Nine...it's the same bra, but they call it the "7 Wonders"...not sure what all the wonders are, but that's what they are calling it there :rotfl:

When it arrives, I'll make a report!

Aimee

Who here wears the Moving Comfort Juno sports bra? I know I've seen that one recommended tons of times over the last couple of years here, and I recently decided to try one when I decided it was time for a few new sports bras. Holy Moly, how do you guys get into that thing??? :confused: Do they run small? I ordered a size larger than normal anyway, as I usually do with a sports bra, but OMG I couldn't even get it all the way on...thought I was going to dislocate something! I'm going to go ahead and just exchange for another size up because I suspect it will probably have some good support once I get one that fits, but was also wondering about the straps for those that have worn one for a while. I see that it's like a velcro adjustment...does that actually hold up??? I'm wondering how many washes it can take before the velcro wears out? I'm having visions of it deciding not to hold anymore in the middle of a race :scared1: Anyone have any thoughts, comments about it? Will it last??

I wear the fiona (it's the same thing has others have said) and I love it! I'm either a 30D (pretty hard to find) or 32C in regular bras, and I wear a 32C in the fiona and I think it fits fine. I abuse my bras pretty badly (running 6 days a week...sorry I don't have time for anything else but to throw them in the washer/dryer :lmao:) and they are still in great shape. Def worth it!

I've been wearing the Helena, which is now discontinued :sad2: I wear a 36DD so need max support. Not sure the Juno would work for me looks a little too skimpy and don't want the racer back of the Fiona..quandry!

I don't... I should have bought a second pair of the purflows when they were on sale... since now I can't find them in my size. So looks like I will be trying a new shoe.. or maybe just trying the new version.

For shoes that you know you like and know the size I have ordered from Amazon and Runningwarehouse.com Both sights are great. Returns are awesome at runningwarehouse. :thumbsup2

V I'm doing "just" Minnie at wdw for this very reason. I wanted to go to the weekend, want the inaugural medal, but don't really want to do the half!

Solid plan if the gsc doesn't appeal or give you heartburn to skip!

Hey Patty, just read your blog regarding the 10K. I did the Race for the Taste, great medal, too.

OK ladies, question for you. This is my first foray into Disney races so I have a question about when they open up the race for people to sign up early. When they open the sign up early for AP holders, DVC members and Chase card holders, do they have a set amount available and then once those spots are gone then you have to wait for the official sign up? Or do they keep it open for those categories and then basically what is left is left when it opens for general registration? Any insight would be extremely helpful!

What is the best way to carry a camera? I am not sure if I should get a running skirt with a pocket or something like a spibelt. The sparkle tech skirts don't come in the color that I am looking for : (. I am thinking that I will have to carry my car key or my room key if we take the bus, some gu and my camera.

OK ladies, question for you. This is my first foray into Disney races so I have a question about when they open up the race for people to sign up early. When they open the sign up early for AP holders, DVC members and Chase card holders, do they have a set amount available and then once those spots are gone then you have to wait for the official sign up? Or do they keep it open for those categories and then basically what is left is left when it opens for general registration? Any insight would be extremely helpful!

For the January races I think they had a set amount available for presale. The 10k sold out in presale, and was available again for regular registration. I am not sure the amount or how it is determined but that is what I saw in January.

What is the best way to carry a camera? I am not sure if I should get a running skirt with a pocket or something like a spibelt. The sparkle tech skirts don't come in the color that I am looking for : (. I am thinking that I will have to carry my car key or my room key if we take the bus, some gu and my camera.

My only suggestion for you would be to have something that can separate the gu from the camera/room key. I say this because if you use a belt and try to put these in the same pocket it is a pain to pull one thing out while trying to leave something else in it and not run into anyone or anything. lol. The SPI belt has a zipper pocket and (mine anyway) has loops on the belt portion that you can slide gu packets in. You can use the zipper pocket for camera, phone room key etc. I have found that my favorite belt is a runners world belt.. It has three pockets with a hole for your headset, fits nice and tight against your body as well. Try a few before you commit to one for disney. I use different belts for different races. They are not too expensive either.

Hey Patty, just read your blog regarding the 10K. I did the Race for the Taste, great medal, too.

It looks like a great race! I was in Orlando in 2005 but a non runner. Did you love it? Still have the medal?

I use a Level flip belt. It's great. Holds everything I need and it doesn't bounce. http://www.flipbelt.com/

I carry my iphone to take photos. I use an ifitness belt, its great does not budge.

sunshinecruise said:

I use a spibelt-type running belt for key, fuel and my cell (in a Ziploc bag), but carry my camera. I took so many pics that it didn't make sense to put it away:)

I've always had a wrist strap for my camera and just held it throughout the race. Like a PP said, you'll be taking pictures and it's a big pain to take it out and put it back in every time. I've used a spibelt previously for the other items (phone and...... i can't remember what else right now but I know I've always had it packed!) but now just use a wristband with a pocket.

For the January races I think they had a set amount available for presale. The 10k sold out in presale, and was available again for regular registration. I am not sure the amount or how it is determined but that is what I saw in January.

::yes:: Yep, they had a pre-determined number of registrations set aside for pre-sale and more available when it opened to all. But it's a small buffer - the Jan. 10K sold out FAST, followed shortly by Dopey.

Thanks for all of the ideas on ways to carry my camera, etc. I am going to one of our local running stores tonight to pick up a race packet. I will check out the belts while I am there.

My dd and I are doing a 10k on Saturday in South Fl. It is a women's only run. I saw pictures from the run last year. They had men in coconut bras and grass skirts at the water stops. They also have firemen at the finish line. This year they are having a "Magic Mike" water stop. I am not exactly sure what they will be doing there.....stripping? Maybe that will slow down some of the runners and I will place a little better than usual.

I didn't get to run the Princess this year but now looking at 2014. Does anyone remember if the rooms had any kind of discounts during this week this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter