Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by emilyindisney, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

From my experience, bib and packet pick-up wasn't all that time-consuming, so I wouldn't worry about that. What took forever was buying anything in the runD official merchandise booth. The other merchandise booths were crowded, but didn't take an hour to pay. I had my bib within 5 minutes and my packet/race shirt in another 5-10 last year. And that was Fri. morning, which I hear was about the busiest time.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MaMa3Princess

MaMa3Princess I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous m

I used one of my ratty sweat shirts but I loved seeing all the bathrobes out there.
    Hmm, wonder if goodwill has some bathrobes?

4. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

Another suggestion for places to look for toss clothes (if they have them in your area)....Our high school has a twice yearly garage sale that I still volunteer for (even though the kids have graduated). It is my go-to place for picking up toss clothes. I still have a really nice fleece jacket, sweatshirt and pair of sweat pants that I paid a total of $3 at most for. Didn't need them for NY Marathon (injured/canceled) and it was warm this past marathon weekend, so I guess I'm all set for February.

So don't forget the garage sales!

Maura

5. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

Hee hee, I'm loving that my son is just about the same size as me now... I'll have a treasure trove of toss-able clothes when he grows out of his current rotation of long-sleeved tees and sweats! :banana::rotfl:

6. jockey

jockey <font color=deeppink>Repeat after me....I LOVE CRO

Thats great thanks ...I am trying to work out my ADRS ......still undecided about the pasta in the park !

7. 11point5

11point5 Mouseketeer

SW has Wanna Get Away fares for March 1st again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

8. pagirlinnc

pagirlinnc Earning My Ears

Lots of pages back some of you said that you ran without music because it was distracting. I have to say I decided to try it & I have gotten significantly faster! I'm doing 1 minute walking/ 15 seconds running & I just did 14:40mm, my fastest outside pace ever! Hoping to get to a comfortable 1:1 ratio by race time and I think I'm on my way. There is so much good advice on here so I just wanted to say Thanks everyone!:goodvibes

9. irishsymphony

irishsymphony Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone - sounds like getting registered for Expo will be okay so!

Not sure that I'd be spending much on merchandise there - although I do like magical sparkly items.

But I want to have my costume sorted / tried out before the race, so I know if it works rather than risk chafing etc on the day!

Still trying to figure out how to make a Stitch running costume :rotfl:

10. swimfly

swimfly Mouseketeer

Cannot wait to see what you come up with!

11. irishsymphony

:wizard:

12. Figment1990

Figment1990 DIS Veteran

But not for my feb 27th flight back to pit.... What?! So weird!

13. Gr8dan2

Gr8dan2 Mouseketeer

Are there Galloway pace groups at the disney 1/2s that one can join in with? I signed up for the Princess 1/2 and then realized that it's the same day as the Donna's in Jacksonville-- so most of my group is doing that one instead- my DH will go at my pace if there's not a group to join but hoping there is!

14. 11point5

11point5 Mouseketeer

In case you didn't get enough "thank you"s for this tip, here's one more!!! I was at Target tonight and happened to walk by a display of knee length socks and I suddenly remembered this idea and picked up a pair! :) At $3 this will undoubtedly be the cheapest purchase I make for my trip next year :laughing:

15. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

I just kind of listen to my body and do what feels comfortable at the time. I try run faster and if it feels good, I keep going. If not, I dial it back a little. On the walking segments, I wouldn't say I speed walk, but I am not just strolling either.

16. charmed1212

charmed1212 Mouseketeer

Thank you! I am still going to try running as much as I can, but I love having other options available. :)

17. irishsymphony

I just started run/walk program last night and found it fab.

I was just jogging for the run part and then revovery in walking but at a fast walk! :)

Felt nauseous once so I kept walking 3 mins until my body was ready to run again :)

18. kappyfamily

kappyfamily DIS Veteran

Yeah! Glad you found some that will work.:cool1:

19. JamieLM

JamieLM Mouseketeer

So the race is on a Sunday, and so is check out at 11am, any suggestions on what to do after the race, is there a late checkout? I wanted to go to breakfast and then back to the hotel for a shower and pack but doesn't sound like it :(

20. kappyfamily

kappyfamily DIS Veteran

You can ask for a late check out but I wouldnt count on it. I would pack the night before so you can get back to your room quick and take a shower then check out and then do a few things. All depends when your flight leaves....

21. JRM393

JRM393 Earning My Ears

All of the races I have done have always had the cliff pace teams. That being said...this is the PRINCESS half marathon and your husband should run with you step by step anyway. I am running with my sister. I think most men who sign up for this either run with someone or for someone. I would think he may feel out of place running alone ;) so I would encourage him to stay with you ans encourage you. Also, make him dress in a princess dress, especially I'd he's not gonna run with you ;) haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.