Calling all OverPlanaholics....

I am an overplanner-to-be. Unfortunately, I can't plan yet, as our trip is in December and the schedules are not out yet. Without the schedules (for shows, park hours, EMH, special events), I have nothing to do but go over last December's schedule and hope there won't be a lot of changes. Can't plan our itinerary yet, book ADRs or get touring plans. Sigh...

I did mine on index cards too! I didn't think to put them in photo albums, but I did punch a hole in the corner of each card and then put a ring through it and carried it in the parks. I really like your idea, but I could combine them and still do my ring as well!

That is exactly what I did and then I put contact paper on them (so there was so chance of ripage). My husband thought I was insane (I too am an overplanner that uses tourguide Mike) but it payed off and he was glad I did it!! Our first trip to the World and everything went as smooth as butta. :) Now one week back I'm already planning our next trip there next year!

So I too am an overplannaholic and I enjoy doing it!! I'm in awe of the OP spreadsheets! :)

Hi, I'm Jenn, and I'm an overplanaholic, too.

In fact, not too very long ago, I posted a thread called Confessions of an Over-Planner with my detailed day to day plan. Read like a trip report. Without the trip.

*sigh* Guess you better count me in for the weekly meetings!

Oh wow! I am amazed! I admire you for your detailing, even down to the graphics at the bottom! Sweet! Hope you have fun on your trip! :cool1:

I am having waaaaay too much fun making our spreadsheet! I'm ignoring laundry, dishes, vaccuuming, and yeah and those 2 kids, too. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! :surfweb: :lmao: :lmao:

I can't imagine going to WDW without making detailed plans for each day. I guess if I had unlimited time and money I could skip the planning, but that's not the case for me.

Below is the first half of a plan (Sunday, March 19), I recently followed. I did make an adjustment following the 3-D show, since I found out that the new coaster (EE) was running. I skipped the items beginning at 1:30, and rode the Everest coaster a couple of times, (once in the standby line, and the second time as a single rider), leaving the park as scheduled, taking a break in my room and going to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours, as planned on the second half of the page above. (I did not include it here because this post is already too long.)

7:00 Breakfast at the Food Court.
8:00 Bus to the Animal Kingdom (60).
9:00 Park opens. Stroll to Africa Section.
9:20 Get Kilimanjaro Safaris FASTPASS.
9:30 Walk Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. (20 – 25)
10:30 Ride Kilimanjaro Safaris, using FASTPASS. (20)
11:15 Stroll to Camp Minnie-Mickey Section.
11:40 See Festival of the Lion King. (25)
12:10 Stroll to Discovery Island Section.
12:20 Get Bug 3-D Show FASTPASS.
12:30 Lunch at “Pizzafari” (counter service)
1:15 See It’s Tough to be a Bug, 3-D Show, using FASTPASS (8).
1:30 Stroll to Asia Section.
2:00 See Flights of Wonder Show. (30)
2:40 Walk Maharajah Jungle Trek. (25 - 30)
3:15 Bus to Port Orleans. (60)

When I plan a daily itinerary I include only the attractions I know I'll have time for, include meals (usually counter service at lunch time and table service reservations for dinners), and I make an effort to avoid backtracking in the parks.

The estimated times are based upon Unofficial Guide crowd predictions, and are almost always on the money or result in extra time to people watch, etc.

Enjoy.

Wow! And my DH thinks I overplan. I just sent him a link to take a look. He will now NEVER be able to pick on me again about my planning! I am not the worst(YET!)

I am amazed at people that can be so organized about planning.

I can understand not posting specific info from his site, but not posting your itinerary based on what you read at his site? Man, that seems like one draconian agreement.

I thought I was an overplanner until I downloaded the itinerary in Excel and realized it's actually a workbook! I'm an uptight, tax accountant, type-A gal, and I can't even compete.

Bowing to the ultimate OP,
:worship: Amanda

FigNewton said:
I can understand not posting specific info from his site, but not posting your itinerary based on what you read at his site? Man, that seems like one draconian agreement.

I "bought" Mike, too, and he's got some awesome info. And 18 bucks is pretty cheap... Cheaper than the unofficial guide. I can understand why posting his info is a no-no. :teeth:

Stitch65 said:
I "bought" Mike, too, and he's got some awesome info. And 18 bucks is pretty cheap... Cheaper than the unofficial guide. I can understand why posting his info is a no-no. :teeth:

So do I... in fact I said that. ;)

However, we're not talking about actually posting his info. We're talking about posting an itinerary which was developed from reading his info. Entirely different thing.

Those spreadsheets are incredible!!!!! I will be showing my family, that I'm not as organized as I thought!!!

FigNewton said:
So do I... in fact I said that. ;)

However, we're not talking about actually posting his info. We're talking about posting an itinerary which was developed from reading his info. Entirely different thing.

Gotcha. I was half cooking/ doing dishes and posting all at the same time so didn't have my 100% attention on the posts. :crazy: I'm a DisBoard addict! :lmao: :lmao: My kids are like, "Mom, are you ever going to be done on the computer?" :surfweb:

Well, so far, I'm right on schedule according to my itinerary. Someone suggested to me that I get a GPS necklace, have my website linked to my itinerary, and allow people to send me a shock if I am not in the location I am supposed to be in!!! I know a few people that would enjoy doing that! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thanks to those who noticed my "ooopssiie".....got it and fixed

For those who asked for the Excel copy, you can download it HERE!

It isn't a complete "plug and play".....you have to know how to get around Excel a little to be able to edit and customize, but it's pretty easy to do. My workbook is built on other's work...I can't take complete credit for it. SnackyStackygave me the original spreadsheet, I revamped and designed the Main Itinerary page, and built new sheets for each day's park touring, etc.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Time to get back to my vacation...before I get a shock! :rotfl:

Wow, that is great!! :thumbsup2

My coworkers laugh when they see my folder that I use to plan our trip. I know they will have a fit when they see a spreadsheet. :rotfl2:

Now if I can just figure how to use the darn thing. :rolleyes:

I know this may be a dumb question, but is there any way to get a blank copy? I love all the graphics but can't figure out how to input my info. :badpc: :furious:

:thumbsup2 Overplanner here!!! Just to clear things up ... that's NOT a bad thing!!!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who enters their Disney vacations on a speadsheet!!! I also print a fresh one out to scrapbook!!! ;)

I confess!

Planning is part of the joy and excitement for me so you will usually find me planning from the time I know of our trips right through our trips and after we come back home, I begin planning for our next trip. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter