Calling all Kentucky Bluegrass DVCers

we own at BLT and SSR, thinking of adding a small contract 50 points.....anyone else thinking of adding? Where would you add if you could?

we own at BLT and SSR, thinking of adding a small contract 50 points.....anyone else thinking of adding? Where would you add if you could?

We had those same two when we added on at BWV. We aren't adding on for awhile, but if we did, I would add on more at BLT.

Hello all! I'm not a frequent visitor, but just wanted to share that we booked our first DVC stay in April at BWV!!! I'm super excited, we've never stayed there. Anyone with tips or suggestions about the resort would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sheresa

Hello all! I'm not a frequent visitor, but just wanted to share that we booked our first DVC stay in April at BWV!!! I'm super excited, we've never stayed there. Anyone with tips or suggestions about the resort would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sheresa

Congrats. We will be at BWV in April, although it will be during Easter Week, our first crazy holiday, so I hope we survive. There is a BWV thread in resorts with advice on room requests.

My recommendation would be, if you can, to plan a day and/or night at the resort. The night has lots free entertainment - street performers - who move around the Boardwalk and you can see them all. Also, the food and drink is excellent in the area with ESPN and Big River Grille, and I liked the pizza there. We did a pizza and just ate it poolside one trip - really fun. Check out the Community Hall for lots of fun stuff as well. Have a great trip.

Thanks!
Sheresa

Welcome! The only tip I have is to enjoy the actual Boardwalk, rent a surrey bike, watch the performers, enjoy the good food.

I am an Independence native, graduated from SK. I'm right up the road now in Ft. Wright.

I am so sorry to hear that! Hope you have good luck in finding a new car and can get another trip booked soon!

Thanks. It was a third vehicle, so it will just be allowed to die and I won't replace it. It was nice having as we could keep miles off of one vehicle that we use for Disney trips. We do have the Dream booked for October, so that makes it easier to cope.

Thanks. It was a third vehicle, so it will just be allowed to die and I won't replace it. It was nice having as we could keep miles off of one vehicle that we use for Disney trips. We do have the Dream booked for October, so that makes it easier to cope.

Glad you don't have to go to the expense to replace it. My DH is still driving his 1996 Tahoe (300000+ miles). This is his second Chevy truck to get over 300K miles (his old one is still running as we see it around town, he only replaced it since we got a larger camper and he needed a truck that would tow more). It is in our budget to get him a new one in December but if this one is still going he may hold off. He uses them for work (and to pull our camper) so he needs a reliable one but he hates to replace his "babies"!

I think you are the Dream a bit before me! Be sure to post what you are planning and how the trip went (we are newbie DCL'ers)!

I think you are the Dream a bit before me! Be sure to post what you are planning and how the trip went (we are newbie DCL'ers)!

I'd rather have a repair than a car payment any day. This will be the first cruise ever for me and dds, and will be DW's first DCL cruise. I like knowing my touring plans for WDW, but going on something new is fun as well.

I'd rather have a repair than a car payment any day. This will be the first cruise ever for me and dds, and will be DW's first DCL cruise. I like knowing my touring plans for WDW, but going on something new is fun as well.

I agree with the car payment, good thing my brother owns a garage!

This will be DHs first cruise ever and my first on DCL and the ocean, I did overnight river cruises in Europe but didn't like those (too small everything!).

I agree with the car payment, good thing my brother owns a garage!

This will be DHs first cruise ever and my first on DCL and the ocean, I did overnight river cruises in Europe but didn't like those (too small everything!).

DW did a cruise on Carnival out of Mobile with a bunch of friends. She said I will love it and want to go back. My thoughts are that I purchased DVC for future vacations so I wouldn't have to keep paying for them.

disney212 said:
Looks like it is going to hit 60 in NKY! Come on spring, I am SICK of winter!

Yes, I posted on my FB page yesterday that only in KY can you have a snow day and car washing weather in the same week! Kids missed school on Wed due to snow and we washed both cars yesterday afternoon. Crazy!

I am so missing a Spring Break week trip. I know this cruise thing is supposed to be great, but it is just too far away.

Hi all. I've been following this thread, but have never posted. Anyway, we are not going to WDW this year, but I have already started planning 2014 trip. We just bought a resale at BLT, and got a letter from Disney that our permanent id and vacation planner should arrive within two weeks. Looks like I'll be reading and planning for Disney, while laying out on the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter