Calling all Kentucky Bluegrass DVCers

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by KYCruiseCrazy, Apr 26, 2010.

1. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

So, will Charlie Strong and UL be a better matchup this year in football? Last year's UL UK game was not much to watch.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KYCruiseCrazy

KYCruiseCrazy <font color=blue>I'll be drooling and dreaming<br>

Look out Big East!! UL is going to surprise a few this year.:hippie:

4. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Florida has had some great football teams. It is the players that make a great team, but coaches can help get the best out of them. Let's hope UL gets both. Unfortunately, there are too many good teams in football in the SEC and it is doubtful UK will ever contend. But, I like to see all our KY teams do well. I thought it was great when UL won the Orange Bowl a few years ago.

5. MarkyMouse

MarkyMouse Mouseketeer

6. insoin

insoin <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Hi all, Scott here. Live in Louisville now but from Indiana so can I say IU in here????? If I had to pick a second team it would be UofL however.... I own at BLT but want to add on at AKV sometime....

7. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

I am remember friends complaining of how cold it was one year too. We probably will try it next year. Still, WDW is really fun, but HHI is a shorter drive. We're not much of beach people either. We've been to VB and enjoyed sitting on the beach; however, after a few minutes, I was up and running on the beach, building castles, etc. VB had a lot of activities at the resort that we did everyday. I am the only tennis player in the family and trying to teach dds (8,5) how to play. We also only did a short stay at VB and then went to WDW. We had friends who stayed the week at VB, but drove in for the MNSSHP. It was a late night getting home, but they just enjoyed the pool the next day.

A Hoosier? AAAhhhhhh!:scared1: At least you live in Louisville now.

8. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Has the KY thread reached its end? Watched a show on KET about sandwiches around the US - the Hot Brown was featured from the Brown Hotel in Louisville.

9. loveswdw

loveswdw DIS Veteran

Well now, howdy neighbor from LaGrange! Welcome the the DISBoards!

10. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

A beautiful day for soccer - U8G Division. DDs (8,5) are not quite ready to grab a scholarship to one of our state schools yet, but it would be nice. What will college tuition cost in 10 years?

11. KYCruiseCrazy

What a wonderful "rainy" spring day in KENTUCKY!!:cool1:

12. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

But not a great day for soccer like yesterday, at least for my girls. Still, they did better than I thought in the mud & rain.

13. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

A great day to go out and vote. While it's just the primary, hopefully it will lead to some positive outcomes for KY now, and in November.

14. KYCruiseCrazy

Here in the Louisville area they are predicting less the 30% to show up and vote!!

15. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

I guess it's sad when more people vote for American Idol or Biggest Loser than any elected officials. I have reached that realization that our elected representatives aren't really going to improve anything other than their own bank account, but at least I still go vote. Campaign in 2012 - Mickey for President!

16. KYCruiseCrazy

And Goofy for VP:hippie:

17. schdp

schdp Earning My Ears

Just adding my name to the list, DVC at AKL... We have our 'other' home in Alexandria, KY

18. mic_KY_mouses

mic_KY_mouses Owners at VWL from Kentucky

Welcome, welcome SCHDP!...... :dance3:
    We're hoping for sunshine today in Elizabethtown!

19. my3squeals

my3squeals DIS Veteran

Can I join in?
    I am in Madisonville not too far from Owensboro!!!!:wave2: Although we don't own DVC yet, its definitely on the list for us one day! We love to travel to WDW and even stay on points. Love me some AKL!

20. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

I think you're welcome here, and not jut because your 45 minutes down the road. It took us several years to save up enough money, but we bought at SSR on the resale market at the TimeShare Store. We later added on another contract for 2 visits a year. It's a big decision, but we know we'll be going home for many more years.

21. DisneyBill

DisneyBill <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Well it looks like the Kentucky contention has grown a bit since I last visited! good to read.

Since we are all frequent visitors to WDW, how many of us drive when we go? We haven't for about 10 years now. DW is not a good car rider, unless she's on the way to have a shopping fit.