Calling all DH's

xa-minister

Mouseketeer
I look around these boards and see ton of women. I was curious if there were other husbands out there like me.

I am the obsessive planner of the household, and I am a Disneyholic!!

Are there more of my kind out there?

My wife is the bigger "Disneyhead", but I do the majority of the planning. You're definitely not alone here.

49 y/o here...no disney wife..she headed out years ago...but Yes..big time Disney fan..over plan..decorations around house mostly Disney...going in Oct for the third time in a year...to meet princess: :thumbsup2

:woohoo: Count me in. My wife got me hooked in 2003. Check out my website below and you can see that the Disney bug got to me:woohoo:

I am the over planner here as well.:thumbsup2

Oh yea........ I have always been a Disney head.......:cool1:
I think it's starting to rub off on my wife, but the way she does it is she will tell me to ask a question on here or she will answer a question and have me post it. She thinks if she joins, she will spend too much time on here.:rotfl:
Who's ever heard of that.................... too much time on the Dis..........
not me....:rotfl2:

DH here as well.

Neither wife nor I are planners. We pick hotels, flights and one or two dinner ressies for the kids and then just play as we go. Too much trouble to plan so far ahead and we find it takes away from the general enjoyment.

count this DH in also, DW and I plan together, what one doesn't think of the other does and vise versa. We are always planning :thumbsup2

I'm with you brother. DW makes fun of me for the amount of time I spend reading these boards and the efforts I put in planning our trips.

+1 ::MickeyMo
Long time Disneyphile; the man, the dream and the legacy. DW is the logical one with a brilliant mind for planning and logistics... i am the dreamer. The planning usually ends up about 70/30, but i'm trying to even it out more for her sanity.

two wonderful children add to the magic.

I'm another DH. Caught the Disney bug as a young boy, and never got over it! :cool1:

I plan our trips, down to which hours at what park, and make all our dining arrangements. My family laughs at me for "overplanning", but they all appreciate it when we're there making the most of our time!

Me too! I'm a Disneyholic and have made my 2 girls Disneyholics :) My wife likes Disney but not as much as me. I do all the planning and basically try and figure out when the next time we can go would be (usually 2 times a year for 9 or 10 days each). My new addiction is now Disney Cruises (which the wife seems to like more) went the first time in Jan of this year and we're going again here on the 20th for another 7 day cruise but I did manage to talk the wife into 5 days at the parks afterwords. :dance3:

I need a cheaper addiction - like crack :)

Another planning DH here. My DW loves Disney as much as I do, but when we went on our second trip and I did all the planning, she said it's my job from now on. Now we have 3 young ones and they get to enjoy Disney with us.

She gives me guiding patterns and I make it work in the plan. It works well for the whole family.

Same here.. Wife loves disney and we split the planning

She does all the ADR for us, I do the resort and parks

kids just come along for the fun

Another planning DH here. :cool2:

DW and I both love WDW, but I am the one who always says, "Let's go in ____". Then I'm the one who posts on DIS, plans which parks for which days, etc. We don't do ADRs so that's one load off of me. DW likes that I plan good trips for us. We've been hooked since 2000 and I haven't failed her yet. :lmao:

Our kids (10 and 7) love it as much as we do.

Count me in.........my wife loves Disney, but does not have the time (or patience) to make all the reservations, dining, etc like I do. Plus she doesn't know all the 'tricks' that I learned on here!

First trip where "I" planned, and she was amazed all the stuff I planned, and all the 'tips' for seeing the different things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter