calling all collie friends...and other dog friends too!

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by kacaju, Jun 12, 2009.

1. kacaju

kacaju DIS Veteran

My daughter got a new show puppy. Eve is 5 months old and has been with us for a week now.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LindaR

LindaR DIS Veteran

Congratulations! I had a collie when I was a little girl. She was a great dog.:flower3:

4. RC Fan

RC Fan DIS Veteran

She is beautiful!

5. SCHBR'smom

SCHBR'smom <font color=brown>My mind is as clear and focused

Congrats!! She's beautiful!

Never had collies, but I was raised with Shetland Sheepdogs. Dh is allergic to long haired dogs. We have a German Short-haired Pointer, who mainly stays outside.

Does your daughter show dogs often?

6. kacaju

kacaju DIS Veteran

we live in NJ so I try to stick to shows that are within 2 hours of us. We can hit shows in PA and NY! So yes, we do go to many shows.
    This summer I have 9 shows to enter them in. She also has a tri color smooth collie which she shows in Jr. Showmanship

7. Smileybug

Smileybug Some honey for my old tags back

She is beautiful!! :goodvibes

8. goofy!

goofy! <font color=green>You have to ride a roller coaste

She's beautiful!

Sending pixie dust that many majors come your way and she finishes quickly!

9. roliepolieoliefan

roliepolieoliefan DIS Veteran

Good Luck!

I've owned collies for almost 20 years now.

I showed my 1st two (rough sables) in obedience and agility. Both were ranked at one time in the top 10 in both venues. And at one time , we were even part of the Iams Wide World of Dogs.

My 2nd 2, are a rough sable and rough blue merle. The sable I showed in confirmation a bit. She got a Best in Breed in Cumberland MD a couple years ago. It was fun but way too competitve and back-stabbing for my blood. I was sick of its not how your dog moves and looks, its more who your handler and breeder is. And since I would never hire a handler, we stopped confirmation.

Jasmine has her novice agility titles. Bella my Blue Merle was supposed to be a confirmation girl. Her jaw is out of whack so the breeder placed her with our family. We love her all the same.

Its difficult to find the time and money to show now with 2 little kids. Hopefully one day I'll get back in it or the kids will show an interest.

Your girl is beautiful. Good Luck to you and your DD.

10. airhead

airhead DIS Veteran

She's beautiful! Welcome to the show community!

11. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 DIS Veteran

Just a question do you have cats? If so do your collies tell you when the cats are misbehaving? in my family we have had 3 rough collies and each one has been a snitch.

12. LUVDZNY2008

LUVDZNY2008 DIS Veteran

Congratulations, Eve is beautiful. I have an 18-month old Shetland Sheepdog named Britney (she's not a show dog). :goodvibes

13. kacaju

kacaju DIS Veteran

We do have two cats. They are lazy and pretty much are sleeping or eating and using the litter box. So no, there is nothing our cats do that would make the collies *tell* on them. We also have a 2 year old tri smooth collie