1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

California Grill

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by DISnewAllison, Jun 12, 2013.

1. DISnewAllison

DISnewAllison Earning My Ears

Has anyone dined late at the California Grill at the contemporary to view MK fireworks? Wondering if its worth it? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WillAustin

WillAustin Can I be the mayor of Bitter Town?

The food alone is worth it. The fireworks from the restaurant observation deck are a nice extra. :)

4. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

5. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Totally agree...the food is really really good. :)

6. DISnewAllison

DISnewAllison Earning My Ears

Thanks for the input!

7. WDWFANCBIIIME

WDWFANCBIIIME DIS Veteran

It is my favorite restaurant on property food is great and the views of Wishes are INCREDIBLE!

8. TiggerTrigger

TiggerTrigger Also HouCuseChickie

We've had mixed experiences with food...some things really great...some things just average. Still, the view is very nice if you can get a well timed ADR.

This was the view from our table on one of our times dining at CG.

[​IMG]

9. Mazz519

Mazz519 DIS Veteran

Go for a 815 830 dinner ressie and then go out on the verandah to watch the fireworks at 1000

10. DCLbrideSept2009

DCLbrideSept2009 DIS Veteran

on DH and I's honeymoon in 2009 we had a window seat. This was our first time dining at CG. It was AWESOME! The food is REALLY good also! Since then we have been back probably 3 times? Still good food but sometimes not so great service. Still worth it. If you don't have a window seat and want to go out on the observation deck for fireworks, go early enough. last summer we went out like 5 minutes before wishes started and there were already too many people for me to be able to see (i'm not exactly tall).

11. lah3hh

lah3hh DIS Veteran

When is it scheduled to open back up after refurb? Or am I behind times and it is back open now and taking Ressies?

12. arcticdisneylovers

arcticdisneylovers DIS Veteran

The food is awesome but we've never watched the fireworks :thumbsup2 We have never had a bad meal, just hope it's as good after the refurb:love:

13. L8blumr2

L8blumr2 Mouseketeer

I tried to make a reservation online today and wasn't able. The website said to check back for the reopening date. As far as I can tell, no one is getting reservations, but if I'm wrong, I would love to find out how to get in for Oct!

14. L8blumr2

L8blumr2 Mouseketeer

I tried to make a reservation online today and wasn't able. The website said to check back for the reopening date. As far as I can tell, no one is getting reservations, but if I'm wrong, I would love to find out how to get in for Oct!