California Grill or Naroosee's

Grace and Mickey

DIS Veteran
Hi. Looking for a restaurant to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. The dinner would be for 6 adults and our 2 1/2 year old grandson. Any one have any opinions on either of these two restaurants, or any other ideas. Thanks

Happy Anninversary! They are both really nice. I Just spent my 25 th Ann. at both back in April. Both have good food & Atmosphere. The only thing is at Calafornia Grill you can watch wishes from there deck which is really nice.
Have a great trip!

Haven't been to CG, but I have been to Narcoossee's; an absolutely awesome meal and dining experience.

You can see Wishes from the deck there. They'll dim the lights and pipe in the Wishes music/soundtrack for the show. You can also see the electric water parade either from the deck or your table as Narcoossee's has a wall of windows overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon. My nephew really enjoyed this parade. It comes close enough, is colorful and changes right before your eyes.

Not sure where you are staying, but the boat ride from MK to the Grand Floridian is really nice, peaceful and was a great way to start our dining experience.

Narcoossee's did personalized menus for our 6yo's bday. We didn't arrange anything, they just paid attention to the notation in our reservation and had a birthday button and personalized menus waiting for us.

Check the menus. CG is somewhat electic; won't appeal to everyone. Both are heavy on seafood, Narcoosee's being a bit more traditional. I don't really care for cheesecake, but the Almond Crusted cheese cake at Narcoossee's is as good as you'll read about: one of the best desserts at WDW. Quantities are great at Narcoossee's as well. I was not able to finish my Surf 'n Turf meal and shared a kids dessert with my nephew (tasted both his and my Mom's as getting my own would have simply been overkill and a waste, even on the DP).

Being at the Grand Floridian is a special atmosphere to mark most occassions, esp. one as special as a 35th.

By the way there were lots of well behaved, but not stifled kids at Narcoossee's during our trip last summer. Our 6yo was quite content and I think the 2yo would be just fine too. The deck provides a nice "time out" location with plenty to observe or just hang out for a bit.

Narcoossee's it is for me. Food. Service. Atmosphere.

Did both last September, with Cali Grill as our final night meal. Only Narcoossees made it on to the "we must go again" list for the Honeymoon.

Cali Grill is lovely for wishes and all but it's not a patch on seeing it from inside the MK.

Food and atmosphere at Narcoossees were both the best we had anywhere. Kids would probably prefer CG but as you are a mainly adult group Narcoossees gets my vote :thumbsup2

Haven't been to CG, but I have been to Narcoossee's; an absolutely awesome meal and dining experience.

You can see Wishes from the deck there. They'll dim the lights and pipe in the Wishes music/soundtrack for the show. You can also see the electric water parade either from the deck or your table as Narcoossee's has a wall of windows overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon. My nephew really enjoyed this parade. It comes close enough, is colorful and changes right before your eyes.

Not sure where you are staying, but the boat ride from MK to the Grand Floridian is really nice, peaceful and was a great way to start our dining experience.

Narcoossee's did personalized menus for our 6yo's bday. We didn't arrange anything, they just paid attention to the notation in our reservation and had a birthday button and personalized menus waiting for us.

Check the menus. CG is somewhat electic; won't appeal to everyone. Both are heavy on seafood, Narcoosee's being a bit more traditional. I don't really care for cheesecake, but the Almond Crusted cheese cake at Narcoossee's is as good as you'll read about: one of the best desserts at WDW. Quantities are great at Narcoossee's as well. I was not able to finish my Surf 'n Turf meal and shared a kids dessert with my nephew (tasted both his and my Mom's as getting my own would have simply been overkill and a waste, even on the DP).

Being at the Grand Floridian is a special atmosphere to mark most occassions, esp. one as special as a 35th.

By the way there were lots of well behaved, but not stifled kids at Narcoossee's during our trip last summer. Our 6yo was quite content and I think the 2yo would be just fine too. The deck provides a nice "time out" location with plenty to observe or just hang out for a bit.

Narcoossee's it is for me. Food. Service. Atmosphere.

Thank you for the excellent reply. I have beem leaning toward Nacoossee's. But when I heard you could see the fireworks from Califonia Grill I got to second guessing myself, Now that I can see fire works and the water parade I believe Narcoosee's will be it.

just and off topic ? I notice your from near Cleveland Ohio. I grw up in Bedford and Now live in Kent Ohio. It nice to know there anothe DISer close. Hove your having a magicial day. Thanks again

Did both last September, with Cali Grill as our final night meal. Only Narcoossees made it on to the "we must go again" list for the Honeymoon.

Cali Grill is lovely for wishes and all but it's not a patch on seeing it from inside the MK.

Food and atmosphere at Narcoossees were both the best we had anywhere. Kids would probably prefer CG but as you are a mainly adult group Narcoossees gets my vote :thumbsup2

Thank you for the reply. We are planning on see wishes from inside Mk also. Naracoosse's is leading the pack with votes. It had been my first choice but had heard about California Grill also and started second guessing my self. I been told you can also the water parade.

Congradualtions on your upcoming wedding and Honeymoon. What a wonderful place to celebrate love then in the happiestest place on earth.

My daughter got proposed to at CRT in 2006, It was magicial.

Have a mickey day Again thank you for your help

Thank you for the reply. We are planning on see wishes from inside Mk also. Naracoosse's is leading the pack with votes. It had been my first choice but had heard about California Grill also and started second guessing my self. I been told you can also the water parade.

Congradualtions on your upcoming wedding and Honeymoon. What a wonderful place to celebrate love then in the happiestest place on earth.

My daughter got proposed to at CRT in 2006, It was magicial.

Have a mickey day Again thank you for your help

You are quite welcome, thank you very much for the lovely reply and congratulations in advance for your 35th wedding anniversary!

Been to both and say CG hands down! The atmosphere at Narcoosee's just isn't as impressive to me as CG. You can see wishes from both but CG has amazing views all the time. The food and wine selection is much more impressive at CG.

California Grill would be my pick. We have celebrated several anniversary's there and always had wonderful evenings.
Thanks for the Info. With all the help I geting may be we will have to try both:thumbsup2 Alfter all 35 years is a lot to celebrate:banana: . it goingto be hard to make a decision.

off topic I see in you advat your 1st grandchild, very cute. Grandkids bring so much joy to you, we will taking our grandson on his 1st trip to meet Mickey inSept 2009 i can hardly wait.

Your question is very personal to me because we just went through the same discussion at home as to where we should have dinner on our 12th anniversary coming up in December!

At 1st we picked the CG but when they told us there was NO guarantee we could get a window table for the fireworks and we could be clear across the resturant and not be able to see anything.

So...since we've been to Narccoossee's before and LOVED it (including our 7 year old) we decided on this restruant and made a reservation so that we can finish dinner and then go out on the dock and watch Wishes from there!

And I agree with an above post...the almond crusted cheesecake is AMAZING! But we are ordering from the cake hotline a special cake for our dessert!

Happy Anniversary and can't wait to hear what you select!

Your question is very personal to me because we just went through the same discussion at home as to where we should have dinner on our 12th anniversary coming up in December!

At 1st we picked the CG but when they told us there was NO guarantee we could get a window table for the fireworks and we could be clear across the resturant and not be able to see anything.

So...since we've been to Narccoossee's before and LOVED it (including our 7 year old) we decided on this restruant and made a reservation so that we can finish dinner and then go out on the dock and watch Wishes from there!

And I agree with an above post...the almond crusted cheesecake is AMAZING! But we are ordering from the cake hotline a special cake for our dessert!

Happy Anniversary and can't wait to hear what you select!

It really is hard to decide :confused3 Both sound so wonderful. Wish we could do both. Have you seen the Electric water parade? I was told you could see it from Narccoosee's Chessecake is my favorite:banana: May be I look into ordering A cake too. Thank you for your help.

Happy pixiedust: Anniversary to you too!!!

This is a tough call. We recently ate at both places. Based on the quality of the food alone, I would go with California Grill. However, it can be loud with lots of children. Narcoossee's will give you a nicer atmosphere that is more conducive to a 35-year anniversary. SO, if you want the best meal, go to Cali Grill. If you want an elegant atmosphere, go to Narcoossee's.

I would have to vote for CG! I haven't been there yet, but.....

We had chosen Narcoossee's for our final meal at WDW last Nov. It was one of the worst dining experiences that I have had, at least for the money. The appetizers were great, but the entrees were not. I had the surf and turf. I ordered my steak med. well. It was very rare. Bloody. The lobster was very rubbery, way overcooked. Our drinks were never refilled, and our waiter never reappeared until time to order dessert. We had even asked other servers to please find our waiter. No help. We were on the dining plan. I didn't bother complaining, as they could've only given us our credits back, that we couldn't use, as we were leaving early the next morning. I also wanted to end our trip on a good note, so I didn't make a scene with the manager. I will never go back.

We had a fantastic meal the night before this experience at Flying Fish. That meal was just great!

Food quality wise my pick would definitely be CG.

Narcoossee's is good, but CG is our favorite restaurant at WDW. :goodvibes We often eat there twice per trip. You really can't beat the view, food, or service! :cloud9:

we have done both, and preferred Narcoossee's. We liked the food and view better, personally. It is amazing, no doubt, to see the MK from 14 stories up, but being above and a little off to a strange angle from the intended view for the fireworks wasn't as spectacular as seeing it across the water at Narcoossees.

We had surf and turf and it as great. They poured our wine and encouraged us to walk out on the deck to watch the fireworks, which was incredibly balmy and romantic. We weren't that impresesd with Cali Grill's food, but are certain the menu varies so much, we may have a different opinion if we ever return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter