California Grill or Fultons Crab House?

UKANGEL

Champagne Girls Rule!
What do you think? I know there are lots of 'foodies' out there!;)

Mark wants to go somewhere nice for his birthday on the 24th while we're out there, and fancied fultons, then we read about the california grill and loved the sound of that too. However, I'm not sure that the menu would be ok for Becky as she doesnt like a great deal! Also, if its too formal she may feel uncomfortable (her Anarchy tshirt and safety pins may not go down well!)

What do you think......any other suggestions??:confused: :rolleyes:

Hi Angel - can't help with either one, except we had planned a couple of years ago to eat at Fulton's but they had a large party going on with no room for 6 of us. We went next door to the Portobello Yacht Club - fantastic Italian food and great atmosphere - lots of locals in there, which I always think is a good recommendation:D

Can highly recommend Fulton's, one of best dining experiences you will ever have. Can't comment on Califirnia Grill as have not been. Enjoy!!

CG is more formal than Fulton's, but does boast a fab view (especially if you time it to coincide with the MK fireworks). Fulton's is primarily a seafood restaurant (and quite superb too, IMHO). Both restaurants should be able to cope with picky eaters, though.

We love 'nice' restaurants, but elder dd turns up her nose at anything which doesn't come breadcrumbed and deep fried or served in a bap . A solution we hit upon (although a little too late to save us from wasting a small fortune :rolleyes: ) is to let her eat from the children's menu. No-one batted an eyelid even though she's 17.

Originally posted by UKDEB
A solution we hit upon (although a little too late to save us from wasting a small fortune :rolleyes: ) is to let her eat from the children's menu. No-one batted an eyelid even though she's 17.

We did something similar, Deb, with my dear:rolleyes: MIL when she came with us on our first family trip (I promise I WILL get round to doing a trip report for that holiday . . . it was just SO memorable with her;) ). She couldn't eat the lovely, generous portions the American's like to offer, so we asked for Kids portions each time - and they were just enough, so if anyone out there doesn't have healthy appetites, try this one.

My DD (9) is very adventurous with her food and will try most things, but it's always nice to know 99% of restaurants over there do chicken strips:D

Wel I love both these restaurants. Here's what I think:

CG - Great view you could try and coincide it with fireworks and get table by the window hoever an equally nice part of the restaurant is the Wine Room - it's like a private dining room and a little quieter but you get views over WLodge, Epcot and with my video camera I was able to see a lot of IDrive and Universal Studios. As for the food the menu I feel at CG is more limited than at Fultons but very very good. I love their flatbreads which are really just posh pizzas but are soooo scrummy.

Fultons - this was fabulous and the food and the service was very good alot of choice on the menu from expensive fish dishes to steaks etc. I saw more kids and teenagers here than at CG.

I love them both but I would choose Fultons over CG if going with Becky and then you've got PI and West side afterwards to mooch around.

I also agree wholeheartedly with the Dazzles view on Portobello - this is a great restaurant and they do fantastic italian food. It is indeed one of my faves.

knew I'd could rely on you guys as the experts! I've booked Fultons for us 3 for Marks' birthday, and decided we'll save CG for us when we go on our own! As you say, with PI and DD being nearby too we can saunter on over afterwards!:cool: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter