California Amusement Parks

TwoCortWort

A Buckeye Disney Princess
We are planning a huge out west road trip next summer and have been told to start planning what exactly I want to do. Well minus the many dozen states I want to see, one big thing is going to San Francisco and seeing more of California.

We are doing some of the amusement parks in CA. We have been to Disneyland, once and it was Christmas Day and my niece was 3 at the time and she doesn't really remember much and so that's on the list.

But what of these would you recommend we check out and any other suggestions. Thanks!

Disneyland/California Adventure
Sea World (San Diego...this is the only one I have never been to)
Knots Berry Farm
Universal Hollywood (Not sure about this one)
Six Flags/Magic Mountain (not sure if they are the same)
Legoland
Discovery Cove (we did this in Florida....but heard there's one in CA too)

We are taking the coast route driving up north possibly. We have also talked about staying onsite at Disneyland too. But just curious of the must check-outs in this category. Thanks!

Disney is head and shoulders above the rest. Universal will open their Harry Potter land next year so expect it to be very crowded. Knott's is ok--some nicely themed area and big coasters. There is no Discovery Cove in California. Many people like visiting the SD Zoo and/or Safari Park. Six flags Magic Mtn is for roller coaster fanatics *ONLY*. Legoland is best for children under 10.

Yes, Six Flags Magic Mountain is one place. If you haven't been to Sea World, I would recommend it, especially if you love animals. Unlike most zoos, this park also has rides and a lot of shows. The San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are also worth a visit.

Another for San Diego's Wild Animal park. It is wonderful. Since you are going to San Francisco I recommend the Walt Disney Family museum.

How long is this trip going to be? San Diego to SF is an awfully long trip through some dense counties (meaning bad traffic).

Legoland is geared to 10 & under. There is no Discovery Cove, it is Six Flags Discovery KINGDOM and it is near SF in Vallejo, CA. Not a very good park either. Six Flag Magic Mountain is a lot better.

Knott's and the two Disney parks are close together and Knott's has a water park at it, so does SFMM.

The "Wild Animal Park" is now called the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. It is a very cool attraction.

USH should have the Wizarding World of Harry Potter open by summer 2016 I think.

Are you doing more than theme parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter