Cali Grill vs Citricos

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Boardwalk529, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Boardwalk529

Boardwalk529 Mouseketeer

So I apologize because I know these restaurants have been compared before, but I'm incredibly torn between the two for my post Magic Kingdom dinner on 12/5. I've never been to Cali Grill so I was floored when I found an ADR for 7:30 (park closes at 7:00). However, I'm considering changing to Citricos with so many mixed reviews of CG post-renovation.

For those who have been to both, did you enjoy one a lot more than the other? And is one more formal? Though I'll definitely dress nicer than I normally would to go to the Magic Kingdom, I won't be in very dressy clothes (jeans, nice shirt, ballet flats, etc.) , so I'd want the least formal of the two.

2. msteddom

msteddom <font color=blue>We always wait in line in Califor

I have not been to CA Grill since the renovations, but the two restaurants ou are debating between are two of my favorites. I like them equally for very different reasons:

When at CA Grill there is no mistaking you are at Disney. The food is good and the service is good, but neither is outstanding. For me it is all about that fabulous view! I usually eat at the bar rather than reserving a table. I usually eat here early in my trip to celebrate the beginning of a trip.

Citricos has outstanding food and fabulous service, but it doesn't have as much of a "Disney" feel to it. It is generally elegant and quiet. I have never had a bad experience here. I usually eat here later in my trip when I am ready for a break from the hustle and bustle of the parks.

You also asked which restaurant is more casual. I think you would be fine in either restaurant, but CA Grill gets a slight edge for being more casual.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either one; it just depends on what you are looking for.

Melissa

3. Polish Hammer

Polish Hammer Mouseketeer

I read so many mixed reviews on Cali Grill we were going to cancel our ADR...so glad we didn't. Dinner was outstanding, view against window with view of MK amazing, all in all a great choice.

4. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Both are good and neither is "more formal" than the other--the dress code is exactly the same and you will see all sorts of dress (shorts, t-shirts, slacks, jeans,polos etc) in both.

So don't let dress be any sort of factor.

We do both places each trip, tho I haven't yet been to the renovated CG. If you haven't been to the CG and the menu looks good, I'd take the 7:30 at CG.